Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Developer
raffi
My Device: Z10 & Z30

Re: Google Calendar not syncing

[ Edited ]

willjansen wrote:

Next I followed these directions to sync up all of my google calendars. They are written for the Playbook, but it's the same process for the Z10. I also enabled "Delete Email as Trash", because when I click "delete email" I don't want to archive it, despite Google setting that as the default behaviour...

When I follow those directions, the only thing that shows up in the Google Sync page is "PlayBook" last synced 2012-04-14, which doesn't seem to be the BB10 device I'm using...

What did the entry show up as for you?

I went ahead and added the calendar to the settings anyway but so far nothing has taken affect. How long did it take for you before the shared calendars showed up on your device?

EDIT: So after re-adding the account as ActiveSync, a "BlackBerry" entry showed up. I added the shared calendar there but I noticed it says this: "Select up to 1 calendars to sync to your device"

In any case, so far nothing has shown up on the device.

EDIT 2: Scratch all of the above. Using Exchange to hook up the gmail account makes it show as "BlackBerry" in Google Sync, and then adding multiple calendars took a little bit to sync but it eventually all worked and everything is editable.

Thanks!

New Contributor
burgesg
My Device: Dev Alpha

After implementing exchange, the only remaining problem I now have is that I can't invite people to events. My calendars say "This calendar does not support participants." :smileysad:

Developer
lindstrom
My Device: Z30

but - by using the ActiveSync setup - not possible to invite participants to meeting....

also - won't google shut down the activesync support within the year?

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

lindstrom wrote:

also - won't google shut down the activesync support within the year?

Google will forbid the creation of new ActiveSync "accounts", but the existing ones will still work according to Google.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
Indisium
My Device: Z10

Hi I would like to go to Advanced on my Z10 and select active synch for my google email.. I have tried many times to set it up.. and looked at your article number KB33472 however have been unsuccessful in setting it up that way.

I always get an error that says that the server is not responding and try again later.(not exact wording) . with an error code of 403

After many many tries.. and hours wasted.. i have  taken it back. I really need the synch my Z10 in this manner so my calender and contacts synch.. if there is a way to make this work please let me know as I would love to get the z10 again.

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Indisium wrote:

Hi I would like to go to Advanced on my Z10 and select active synch for my google email.. I have tried many times to set it up.. and looked at your article number KB33472 however have been unsuccessful in setting it up that way.

I always get an error that says that the server is not responding and try again later.(not exact wording) . with an error code of 403

hello,

this article (KB33472) does not apply to GMail. It applies to GoogleApps. Is your account a paid GoogleApps one?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
Ntario
My Device: 9800

I was able to setup this way originally, However I replaced my Black Z10 for a White one and now I cant use active sync to setup my calander.  Please help Error message I am getting is as follows. 

"Service for account

(N*****@Gmail.com) is not available

access should be available soon. [Error

code: 403]

Please Help

Thanks

New Contributor
jpconne
My Device: 9900 bold

Same issue at ntario worked well with original z10 but not replacement one. Really need a solution.
Contributor
Indisium

Yes.. I had the same issue after I swapped out to a new Z10 which was updated.. previous to that (Z10 Orignal) it worked with the Gmail Active Synch..

Contributor
Indisium

Won't connect to Gmail Active Synch Account

Have this problem with the new swapped out version of Z10.

"Service for account

(N*****@Gmail.com) is not available

access should be available soon. [Error

code: 403]

I am not able to connect to my google account to get my mail, contacts (means NO NAMES, EMAIL ADDRESS's or ADDRESS  info)  or Calenders. This really sucks.. I set it up on an android and my Ipad and it works fine. HEEELLLLPPPPP!!!