Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
Indisium
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Google Calendar not syncing

yes it would be nice..I am waiting for a response from BlackBerry, but nothing.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ntario
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Telus

There is a great thread on Crackberry about this issue. It turnes out once the calendar is setup CalDav it needs 24 hours to populate everything. I can confirm I now that it has been 24 hours, I have everything working with invites, editing and 2 way sync.

here is the link. 

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-10-os-f269/all-end-all-syncing-your-gmail-calendar-bb10-7737...

Please use plain text.
Developer
raffi
My Device: Z10 & Z30
My Carrier: Bell

Thanks for the link and the update.

However, I've had my CalDAV account setup for more than a week now and it's still read-only.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

willjansen wrote:
The following is a quote directly from the official Google announcement regarding cancelling ActiveSync found here.

"Starting January 30, 2013, consumers won't be able to set up new devices using Google Sync; however, existing Google Sync connections will continue to function."

That seems to clearly indicate new devices will not be supported, rather than accounts.

Hi, your quote is about Google Sync... but Google Sync is a specific application, as stated here:

http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2495269

so the Google Sync end of life only concern the few people who have installed it on their BlackBerry devices.

As far as I know, the BIS connector is not using the Google Sync app.

Specifically, this Google help page clearly states that once Google Sync is stopped, people are required to either switch to the Google App Connector (for BES users) or simply switch to BIS.

And from what I understand from that page, BIS users (= up to BlackBerry 7) will not be affected by the "Google Sync" end of life.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
willjansen
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Koodo

"Hi, your quote is about Google Sync... but Google Sync is a specific application, as stated here:
http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2495269"

I'm afraid you are mistaken. Google Sync is most certainly using Exchange ActiveSync, it says so right in the link that I posted about Google canceling Google Sync.

From what I understand, Google Sync for BlackBerry is a separate product that reached EOL last year, and it plugged into BIS. BB10 does not use BIS anymore. You don't have to buy a special BlackBerry data plan to use the internet.

Regardless, this thread is specifically about support for BB10, so BIS having support up to BB7 is irrelevant.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

what I am trying to make you understand, is that the article you linked to does not say that Google is stopping ActiveSync. It says that they are stopping the "Google Sync" services (which indeed is different from "Google Sync for BlackBerry"), and that Google Sync uses ActiveSync.

I have yet to find a single official post from Google Inc. stating that they are stopping ActiveSync (both gor GMail accounts of for GoogleApps account).
But maybe I just did no read the specific article about ActiveSync.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
willjansen

Hey all,

BlackBerry Just released a software update for the Z10. I read that they improved the calendar performance in the change log, so I decided to check out if CalDAV was working properly with my test Gmail account.

Long story short - it is.

After adding my test account through the default Gmail setup on the Z10, everything synced up perfectly and instantly. I managed to add a new appointment using the CalDAV calendar, and even invited my main Gmail account to the appointment (I cannot currently do calendar invites with my ActiveSync setup).

Looks like they fixed the calendar bug. Anybody else update their phone? How is the new update working?
Please use plain text.
Developer
raffi
My Device: Z10 & Z30
My Carrier: Bell

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to see they've fixed it. I haven't had the chance to test it out yet.

Please use plain text.
g-race
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: att

do you know if this works for hosted gmail accounts too? (i.e. gmail for business that does not have @gmail.com account?)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
willjansen

Couldn't confirm one way or the other, but I would be very surprised if the same features were not available for hosted Gmail accounts.
Please use plain text.