Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Developer
raffi
My Device: Z10 & Z30
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Google Calendar not syncing

To whomever feels like continuing to blame BlackBerry for Google's problems:

Explain to me why Outlook.com, which uses EAS, works perfectly on BB10 while Gmail EAS does not? We've already gone through this countless times before.

Gmail = IMAP/CalDAV/CardDAV

Google Apps = EAS

Outlook.com = EAS

If you want a free mail solution that doesn't touch IMAP, then switch providers. Done.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Gmail is blocking EAS for new accounts that are not android but grandfathering it in for those that are using it still.

I am going to use Outlook.com as well soon.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Indisium
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

It's not about bashing Black Berry, its about bringing this to light so it can be taken care off. I want BlackBerry to succeed just like anybody else in this forum, to rise like a Phoenix from the Ashes. and sweeping the **bleep** under the mat is not going to help that.

Google has announced per your post that it is canceling SYNCH for free accounts, but as yet that has not happened because I am able to setup up a free synch account on all kinds of NEW Devices.

Next I set it up on my Blackberry when I first got it and it was working fine.. except that after the first update I had to reset my blackberry and then it stopped working. (hmm lets see,, that was therefore not a new device or a new account and I am sure that in your blog Google says that it won't effect a device already using it)

As I said, I am an IT consultant for about a dozen companies and the all use some combination of hand held devices and some combination of personal/company email accounts, and I have tested it countless times.

I have made several recommendations for my clients to get the new BB Z10 (My mistake) it's clearly not ready for a corporate environment, as it does not even synch properly directly from an Exchange Server.

Your analogy is a theory, verses mine is actually tested. Sorry I am not buying that its not a Blackberry Problem. I will be ecstatic when the unit actually does work with the synch working properly however till then, I am sorry but I can only say it as I see it. Blackberry needs to fix the problems.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Indisium

Its not about using a free email solution, if you took the time to read through my whole post, you would have read that I have tried it with paid gmail accounts and also that I have had problems with Z10 not synchronizing properly to active sync accounts on Exchange Server.

I am tired of explaining to you and all the other people on this forum with blinder on regarding this issue.. so I tell you what..

Why don't you explain to me why it worked on the BB Z10 when the unit first came out and after the update it broke.. or better yet why don't you explain to me why every other device works but not the Z10.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Indisium

Yea.. that's a bunch of huuey, it still works on IOS and Android devices that are new.
I think you are fooling yourself..

I challenge U!! go try it on an IOS or Android them come back to the forum and tell us that it does not work!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Indisium

I am so tried of all of these Theories that hold no water.. 

I issue a challenge to anybody on this board that to put their money where their mouth is and to go and setup a free Gmail EAS account on any other NEW ANDROID OR IPHONE/IPAD and comeback here and tell me that it does not work. I think its time you checked it out for yourselves without blowing hot air on this board!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
thequeue

Google has said it won't work on devices that were activated using the free Gmail after around Jan 30th... but it will work for new devices using Gmail for Business.

There was some confusion a while back about service stopping for "new accounts" vs. "new devices", and it's definitely regarding new devices.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
thequeue

Here's Google's article regarding their service termination.

http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2716936

It seems miraculous that you're able to defy google's policy on activesync for new devices, but the facts aren't in your favor.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
willjansen
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Koodo

[ Edited ]

This is what I know.

Google has publicly announced they are pulling support for EAS with free Gmail accounts last month.

I have a Gmail account setup and working with EAS on my Playbook (setup last year).

I have a Gmail account setup and working with EAS on the Z10 (set it up just before Google pulled the plug).

I have an Outlook account setup and working with EAS on the Z10.

I have a test Gmail account setup and working with IMAP/CalDAV/CardDAV on the Z10. I attempted to setup this account with EAS after Google pulled the plug on that service and I got a 403 error, much like a lot of other people are reporting.

My BB is working fine with two EAS accounts, one of them is from Google. All of my data points indicate that Google cut support for EAS like they said they would, but are keeping support for devices setup before the deadline, exactly like they said they would. None of my data points indicate any inherent problem with the BB10 software (other than the CalDAV calendar bug that was fixed last month).

I'll tell you what. When I get home tonight, I will try to setup my test Gmail account on my girlfriend's iPhone 4S. I will post the results here later tonight.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

Indisium wrote:

I am so tried of all of these Theories that hold no water.. 

I issue a challenge to anybody on this board that to put their money where their mouth is and to go and setup a free Gmail EAS account on any other NEW ANDROID OR IPHONE/IPAD and comeback here and tell me that it does not work. I think its time you checked it out for yourselves without blowing hot air on this board!!

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.