Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
thequeue
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Google Calendar not syncing

willjansen wrote:

This is what I know.

Google has publicly announced they are pulling support for EAS with free Gmail accounts last month.

I have a Gmail account setup and working with EAS on my Playbook (setup last year).

I have a Gmail account setup and working with EAS on the Z10 (set it up just before Google pulled the plug).

I have an Outlook account setup and working with EAS on the Z10.

I have a test Gmail account setup and working with IMAP/CalDAV/CardDAV on the Z10. I attempted to setup this account with EAS after Google pulled the plug on that service and I got a 403 error, much like a lot of other people are reporting.

My BB is working fine with two EAS accounts, one of them is from Google. All of my data points indicate that Google cut support for EAS like they said they would, but are keeping support for devices setup before the deadline, exactly like they said they would. None of my data points indicate any inherent problem with the BB10 software (other than the CalDAV calendar bug that was fixed last month).

I'll tell you what. When I get home tonight, I will try to setup my test Gmail account on my girlfriend's iPhone 4S. I will post the results here later tonight.

To add to your experience: I was unable to adda free Gmail account via EAS (after Jan 30) and got the 403 error. I also have a paid Gmail for Business account and I was able to add it via EAS no problem (after Jan 30).

I was able to add the free account as IMAP/CalDAV once BB made the fix many weeks ago. Works great. My expeirence matches exactly what Google has stated in their statement regarding EAS support termination as well.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
thequeue

[ Edited ]

knottyrope wrote:

Indisium wrote:

I am so tried of all of these Theories that hold no water.. 

I issue a challenge to anybody on this board that to put their money where their mouth is and to go and setup a free Gmail EAS account on any other NEW ANDROID OR IPHONE/IPAD and comeback here and tell me that it does not work. I think its time you checked it out for yourselves without blowing hot air on this board!!

Sounds like you're trying with an account on a device set up before Jan 30th (Torch)? This should still work as Google has stated it's grandfathered support for old devices that are already set up before Jan 30. Indisium says he's not able to get EAS to work with new accounts on the z10, but can on an iOS or Android device. This goes against Google's policy, so it doesn't seem likely.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Indisium

Actually although Google said they were pulling the plug on that type of account.. they also said not till the end of the year.. also it does still work.

You can go on about unlikely but that's only because you are unsure of it working as you have not tried it. I have challenged the members on this board that are dumping on me to try it and then comeback and tell me that I am wrong.

Just for your info., I not a newbie at this. I have a double EE in Electrical and Software and I have been working in the High Tech field for over 15 years. I do follow the trends and news and specially Google since they are one of the largest influencer's of the Internet community.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
thequeue

From what I've read and posted from google, it's working the way it should (according to said article) for me and others in this thread. Where did you see that Google says service was being extended till the end the year and that it should work on the Z10? Can you post a link to where you got that information?

I don't have any non BlackBerry devices to test on. Has any one else been able to set up a free Gmail account using active sync on an iphone? (an account that wasn't already set up before Jan 30
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Indisium

I will see if I can find the linlk as I came across that when doing some research.. I am asking you to try and account that is already setup with a new device because that  is the problem. Most people already have a working GMAIL acount that they where using on another device.. and when they went to BB Z10, all of sudden.. NOT WORKING.

Or try a paid Gmail account on a BB Z10...

thequeue wrote:
From what I've read and posted from google, it's working the way it should (according to said article) for me and others in this thread. Where did you see that Google says service was being extended till the end the year and that it should work on the Z10? Can you post a link to where you got that information?

I don't have any non BlackBerry devices to test on. Has any one else been able to set up a free Gmail account using active sync on an iphone? (an account that wasn't already set up before Jan 30

Please use plain text.
Contributor
thequeue

Indisium wrote:

...Most people already have a working GMAIL acount that they where using on another device.. and when they went to BB Z10, all of sudden.. NOT WORKING.

Yes, you have described exactly what Google has said should happen. Old account + any new device (iPhone, z10) = no active sync. 

From the link I posted: "Starting January 30, 2013, consumers won't be able to set up new devices using Google Sync, however, existing Google Sync connections will continue to function." 

Please use plain text.
aleksanyanesq
My Device: z10
My Carrier: t-mobile

I have a problem with syncing events 1 year or more in the future. (i.e. events sync up to may 10 2014. any event past that date, e.g. may 21, 2014 will not sync to my z10 calendar.)

please help.

Please use plain text.
Babe888

Will this sync my contacts and calender from my Z10 to my gmail which contains no contacts or calender info?

Please use plain text.
Willard814
My Carrier: AT&T Wireless

By: David Jenkins 

Syncing Multiple Google Calendars with BlackBerry 10 devices (Z10 and Q10)

Lots of people, including me have been having a problem getting multiple google calendars to show on the Z10 or Q10. This is the method which finally worked for me. I tried various sync programs on my device, adding and deleting gmail account on my z10, trying activesync, Caldav etc and nothing worked.

The method which finally worked was to set up gmail as Caldav and then to go to https://www.google.com/calendar/syncselect and select all my calendars.

Please use plain text.