Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

Google calendar not showing as a calendar ....

Well this is getting ridiculous now. I've added my gmail account in, and mail, contacts and calendar all appear in there. But when I open the Calendar app none of my appointments are in there. If I add anything in, the only Calendar it shows is 'Home (Local Celendar)'. I know the gmail one is in there, because the accounts app shows it.

This **bleep** phone is driving me mad ! I'm ready to send it back, as it's quite obvious to me the OS is severely lacking in useability testing - in fact I'm one of the ones apparently doing the testing for Blackberry !

Regular Contributor
My Device: Rocking my Z10 and PlayBook
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Re: Google calendar not showing as a calendar ....

Me neither.

And when I try to add an appointment using the Home Calendar, when I select the time, the app crashes and closes...

Not good...

Love Me - Love My BlackBerry
-------
Z10 OS Version: 10.0.10.690
Z10 Software Release: 10.10.90
PlayBook - 2.1.0.1526
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Fido.ca

In the calender, swipe down and press the Refresh button. My appointments would not show up until I did that.

It's very strange that we have to do this.

But, now I cannot Add appointments to my GMail calender. It only lets me add them to my local calender.

Any ideas?

Regular Contributor
My Device: Rocking my Z10 and PlayBook
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Realised the reason for the crash - I was trying to set the time, before selecting the calendar!!  Not that I have a choice, as it's only the local one; but, as long as the calendar is selected, then I can set an appointment.

That's one issue resolved....

The biggie is still how to see the Google calendar on the Z10....

Love Me - Love My BlackBerry
-------
Z10 OS Version: 10.0.10.690
Z10 Software Release: 10.10.90
PlayBook - 2.1.0.1526
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

I saw a suggestion elsewhere to set up the Gmail account with Activesync. That seems to have made it work, although with a small issue that I've mentioned in another thread. Also, I've seen people express reservations about using Activesync, but I don't really know why. I know that it appears to work. I know Google had said they were dropping Activesync support, but then recently (last week I think) backtracked & said they were going to continue supporting it.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Fido.ca

[ Edited ]

I can confirm this works. Here is the link to the solution:

Delete Account and add in again but Before even entering email address scroll down and choose advanc...

It takes a moment for calender to come to life but when it does it works! I can finally add events to it.

This was def. way harder then it should have been...

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

I can't get Exchange account to work with google.  I can see my google calendar events but cannot book an appointment in the google calendar. Only work around I could think of so far was to invite myself to the event and send an email to my google e-mail address. When I receive the e-mail in the Hub, I am given the choice of accepting the invitation into my google calendar, which then posts the event to the cloud. Inelegant but it works for now.