Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
manishnortel
My Device: Blackberry 10

Re: Greasy Marks on BB Z10 screen

nge enough, I am using my new replaced device and today I notices these marks again!!. It just passed 7 days so my provider saying it needs to go for repair. I will check tomorrow in store. Looks like these screens are not made properly. Is it just me or other people just don't have this problem on screen.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10

Just you.. Stop eating @KFC!! :smileyvery-happy:

Seriously though..I haven't heard of anyone else.
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

hi Manishnortel,

I do not have this problem, and even if I read a huge quantity of people asking questions about the Z10, you are the only one with this screen problem.

Do you use other devices with a touchscreen? Do they not have a similar issue?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
manishnortel
My Device: Blackberry 10

Looks like my provider store got fault lot.  I use HTC, IPhone, IPad and one Xperia, non of these devices has any such issue.

I really interesting that my new Z10 ( replaced one) develop these marks after 5-6 days. Its was not there on day one.

When I clean that fine cloth, it seems to disappear and as soon as i start using device, these marks apear on same place, same size ( two big and few small dots).

As per my provider, I have passed 7 day period so it has to go for repair and not sure how many days it will take. I use this number\phone for day to day personal contacts and its going to be bad experience without it.

:smileymad:

Contributor
CrossFitMike
My Device: z10

These screens are faulty.  Maybe not everybody who reads these posts and are not affected - so if you're not please stop insisting it's just our greasy fingers causing these unusal spots.

I am hoping that Blackberry will be able to help me.  I live in Waterloo near RIM and would appreciate some help.

When I purchased my Z10 first week of February I noticed the screen was in great condition but after around 15 days or so I noticed these splotches on the screen - looks like they are internal and can't be wiped away.

I am told that since my 15 days has passed that Rogers will only provide an exchange with a refurbished unit.  This is NOT helpful since I may just receive yet another faulty unit from an early batch suffering from these issues.

I paid $790 tax in for the Z10 and expect a new replacement - not a refurbished one because RIM and Rogers picked a magical number of days when not to exchange for a new device.

PLEASE HELP

Contributor
CrossFitMike

If you do not have this problem with your screen then get off this forum.  It's not for you.  Others are experiencing this problem and that's why we are on this forum - to get confirmation that we were duped by Blackberry with a bad batch of units made with inferior glass.

If it doesn't apply to you it doesn't mean the problem doesn't exsist.  Think before you post in a forum that doesn't affect you next time!!!

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

CrossFitMike wrote:

If you do not have this problem with your screen then get off this forum.  It's not for you.  Others are experiencing this problem and that's why we are on this forum - to get confirmation that we were duped by Blackberry with a bad batch of units made with inferior glass.

If it doesn't apply to you it doesn't mean the problem doesn't exsist.  Think before you post in a forum that doesn't affect you next time!!!

Chill out.  No need to be so hostile.  Nobody was duped.  You may have gotten a device with a dirty screen but there is no need to hammer people here about it.  Rogers should take care of it for you.  If they don't then you have nobody to blame but Rogers.  I've had issues with dust behind screens of other devices, including BB, and my carrier, T-Mobile, has always made it right. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

CrossFitMike wrote:

These screens are faulty.  Maybe not everybody who reads these posts and are not affected - so if you're not please stop insisting it's just our greasy fingers causing these unusal spots.

I am hoping that Blackberry will be able to help me.  I live in Waterloo near RIM and would appreciate some help.

When I purchased my Z10 first week of February I noticed the screen was in great condition but after around 15 days or so I noticed these splotches on the screen - looks like they are internal and can't be wiped away.

I am told that since my 15 days has passed that Rogers will only provide an exchange with a refurbished unit.  This is NOT helpful since I may just receive yet another faulty unit from an early batch suffering from these issues.

I paid $790 tax in for the Z10 and expect a new replacement - not a refurbished one because RIM and Rogers picked a magical number of days when not to exchange for a new device.

PLEASE HELP

Nobody here can help you since all warranty service goes through your carrier.  This entire forum is monitored by BlackBerry and is for peer-to-peer community support (users helping other users.)  It is not an official support channel for warranty service.  For that you must go through your carrier, Rogers. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
CrossFitMike

This us poor service from both Rogers and BlackBerry. Especially if they both choose to ignore the issues or pass the buck to the client.
Contributor
CrossFitMike

By the way I am not hostile just think guys like you that may not experience a problem feel that they need to chime in saying that they don't have a problem therefore its not a problem.