Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Greasy Marks on BB Z10 screen

CrossFitMike wrote:
This us poor service from both Rogers and BlackBerry. Especially if they both choose to ignore the issues or pass the buck to the client.

This has nothing to do with BlackBerry since the issue is never getting to BlackBerry for them to do anything.  When you signed up for this support community if you read the terms and conditions it states that this is not an official support channel and that official support goes through the carrier.  Yes, the "defective" device was produced by BlackBerry but they have no control over how Rogers deals with their customers.  Your beef is with Rogers.  You can continue to blame BlackBerry for poor Rogers customer service if you want but it's not going to help, nor will it get you a resolution.  

That said, why not take the refurbished device if you're not happy with the marks?  I've had several refurbished devices from T-Mobile over the years and they have been every bit as good as a brand new device.  I've never been able to tell the difference.   

CrossFitMike wrote:
By the way I am not hostile just think guys like you that may not experience a problem feel that they need to chime in saying that they don't have a problem therefore its not a problem.

Like me?  I never said it wasn't a problem. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

if it is an internal smear that wont wipe away, there is no fix you can do that wont void warranty.

You need to contact place of purchase and get warranty support on it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bengjones
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem with my UK purchased Z10, greasy marks that go aware when wiped but sit under the screen and come back in exactly the same place each time. Tying to get EE to replace but no luck as yet as no-one there has heard of this problem yet. Feel that Blackberry should come out with an official statement about this issue or at least inform all their network carriers.

Please use plain text.
ranasan
My Carrier: Bell

I have exactly the same problem. In addition the screen catch more grease from fingers than any other screen. I compared this with other Z10 at store and it didn´t catch a lot of grease.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bengjones

John_Clark wrote:

That said, why not take the refurbished device if you're not happy with the marks?  I've had several refurbished devices from T-Mobile over the years and they have been every bit as good as a brand new device.  I've never been able to tell the difference.   

You're a genius, where are you going to get a refurbished Z10 from within days/weeks of launch????

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

It's whatever the carrier offers. Just get a replacement.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
CrossFitMike
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Happy to say that Rogers sent me a brand new device and did not send me a refurbished one. Two weeks into it and the screen is by far a better screen than the original from Feb 6 model.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bengjones

I'm still arguing with EE about this, the telephone help people tell me i need to go to store, the store say it's not their issue, looks like finally the phone will get sent off to Blackberry for them to repair or replace...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
akavbb
My Carrier: Vodafone Greece

I have the same problem EXACTLY.

I bought the phone from the UK and I live in Greece.

I have no idea what to do.

A guy on another thread suggested using Lenspen, but somebody else claims that he used it with no success.

All suggetsions are more than welcome.

The matgter should be brought to BB attention.

Maybe they know what to do.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
WatchStops
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

I had the same situation and the only thing that cleaned the screen and took away those marks was a graphite Lenspen that I also use to clean the lens on my DSLR. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.