Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
scotta
My Carrier: telus

Re: Greasy Marks on BB Z10 screen

your right, sounds like they are screwing you. wish i could help
Please use plain text.
Contributor
gsioufi
My Carrier: Rogers

I want the support from the manufacturer, the same one you go back to. I live 400km from Newmarket but 9000 from Beirut. Blackberries are sold everywhere. I already have a ticket number but it proved to be useless. I want a new digitizer and install it myself at the very least. All I am doing is skipping the step of going through the dealer and contacting the manufacturer directly. I have done promotion for free on Twitter and Facebook and defended BB since I got the PB 2 years ago to the very end. If I can't get any justice, I will contact every newspaper I can and even use social media. You gladly used my tweet to promote BB10 back in November 1st 2012.
Please use plain text.
riz_abeer

Well this is a genuine issue. I have an issue with the headphone jack on my newly bought Z10 and my carrier had asked since there were no replacment avaialble in their shops to spend extra $35 to get the replacement. I did that and the Z10 came  from them has big patches on the screen. I tried to clean these but all in vain and now i have two faulty phones on my hands. When I tried to talk to tech support of my carrier, they were not very cooperative. Infact I did not like the tone, once this issue is resolved I m definitely moving away from this carrier. Their loss, I have been a loyal customer for more than tree years.

Anyways, this seems to be a genuine issue. Frankly, I was surprised. reading this forum. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7

riz_abeer wrote:

Well this is a genuine issue. I have an issue with the headphone jack on my newly bought Z10 and my carrier had asked since there were no replacment avaialble in their shops to spend extra $35 to get the replacement. I did that and the Z10 came  from them has big patches on the screen. I tried to clean these but all in vain and now i have two faulty phones on my hands. When I tried to talk to tech support of my carrier, they were not very cooperative. Infact I did not like the tone, once this issue is resolved I m definitely moving away from this carrier. Their loss, I have been a loyal customer for more than tree years.

Anyways, this seems to be a genuine issue. Frankly, I was surprised. reading this forum. 

Do not bother with Rogers, their policy is that they do not support either harware or software and most agent will simply tell you to contact the maker of either the hardware or software directly since they are reponsable for the support of either. Rogers will only support you if it is the network that is in trouble, every thing else is to be refer to the maker of the hardware/software

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark
My Carrier: AT&T

That kind of carrier attitude happens a lot. The official support channel is carrier first and then they escalate to BB if they can't solve the problem. It's in their contracts with BB. Unfortunately, the reps don't know or don't care.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7

[ Edited ]

John_Clark wrote:
That kind of carrier attitude happens a lot. The official support channel is carrier first and then they escalate to BB if they can't solve the problem. It's in their contracts with BB. Unfortunately, the reps don't know or don't care.

Even worse, there is nothing you can do about it, they control you, not the other way around.

I know of a few people that even had their cellular account suspended because they REQUESTED to get escalated to BlackBerry, and apparently they did it too much within a short period of time and the carrier just suspended the account, meaning that while it was suspended they could not use the phone at all.

On top of that in Canada we really only have two company control it all, Bell and Rogers, Bell controls Telebec, Telus, and a few other; Rogers control SaskTel, Fido, Virgin and again a few other as well

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.