Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
scotta
My Device: z10
My Carrier: telus

Re: Greasy Marks on BB Z10 screen

i thas a greay like film under glass, cant be wiped away, almost like moisture has gotten under it, i will take to telus as i bought mine outright, hope its a swap and not a 3-4 week repair

Please use plain text.
Contributor
akavbb
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone Greece

Good luck.

I hope they replace it immediately.

Nobody knows though if the new one will end up the s(h)ame.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gsioufi
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

I have the exact same problem. They are all over the screen and cannot be wiped. They are always at the same place.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gsioufi

I have the same problem. I have used an iPod touch and now my BlackBerry Playbook for over a year and a half. Playbook still has a flawless screen, everything is perfect.

Can't say the same thing about the Z10. I can wipe with the microfiber cloth all I want but the strange areas persist.

It looks like an impurity of some sort, reminds me of a flawed organic chemistry experiment.

Anyway, I bought this factory unlocked so I do not have a service provider to go back to. Since I will probably have to send it back for replacement, do I have to ship it to Waterloo?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

There is no direct support from BB. Your only recourse is with the seller of the device. All warranty and support is through the carriers.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
gsioufi

Did your phone overheat at one point by any chance? Mine did (had to shut down, remove battery and then everything was OK). Perhaps my blotches appeared at this time.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gsioufi

So CLASS mobile phone store in Mar Elias in Lebanon. Guess where I am now? Ottawa.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Sorry, that's just how it works. Buying an unlocked device and using it on another network brings risk.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
gsioufi

I was driven to get one overseas to not be forced into a 3 year contract and be hostage to a phone and service provider.

I'm starting to regret the promotion I did on Twitter.

Posted from my factory unlocked Z10 with screen impurities.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
akavbb
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone Greece

Are you joking?
We paid almost 600 euros for a legitimate phone manufactured by BB. We did not break it, nor made any violations on the warranty. How dare you talking about risks?
BlackBerry manufactured with a flaw and do not try to deny. It is not one piece with the flaw. It is obvious that the oleophobic coating is wearing off.
Please use plain text.