Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
chuckt12345
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: 8323143258

Group Texts and other ?'s

When im getting replys from a group text it will send a text from the group and then the last texts i received from that individual.  So its generating an old text and sending as a new one each time that person responds.

How do i remove duplicate contacts, i have some people in there 9 times.  I tried unlinking the facebook contacts but they are still on there.  ?

My screen always gets stuck sideways,, any reason or fix for this?

thanks

Charlie

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Group Texts and other ?'s

Hi chuckt12345 and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

I'm not quite clear on the SMS issue you are having. When you reply to the group message, explain exactly what happens? Do you receive an older message in the thread, or a message that wasn't sent as part of the group message?

Are your duplicate contacts all synchronized from one account or do they come from multiple accounts?

In regards to your stuck screen, does this occur in certain applications or is it completely random?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chuckt12345
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: 8323143258

Cpt,

thanks for response.

1 when i get a group text,, lets say bill, steve and I are in the group.  if steve texts the group something i will also get an old text from steve that pops up as new.  (this text would be from a previous text just between me and steve).  this happens to me when anyone texts the group.  Bill texts the group i get the group text and some older text pops up that bill and i had previously.

hope that makes sense

2 i turn off all my accounts in contact list setting screen and it they still pop up in contacts,, not sure what the deal is, i may have to just reset the whole thing

3.  it gets stuck mostly in text screen

thanks man

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Thanks for clarifying for me. I assumed this was the behavoir you were seeing but wanted to confirm!  I will do some investigation on this issue and see if I can reproduce it myself and let you know what I find out.

As for your duplicate contacts, did you transfer any of them from an old BlackBerry smartphone? If you remove your accounts, from Settings>Accounts, do all of you contacts disappear from your device?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.