Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: o2

Re: Group texts

when will "group text" be available on Z10?

Forums Advisor III
My Carrier: Rogers

They haven't excluded anything yet.. they simply have not added it to the new OS yet. I'm sure we will see these features show up in a release at some point. :smileyhappy:
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
My Carrier: Verizon

Group text messages is a vey important feature that I used daily with my other Blackberry device. If this is not a feature that blackberry plans to update I would prefer to return my device. Is there any way to confirm this feature will not be added in the near future?
Forums Advisor III

Unfortunately there is no way to know what their development plans are, or what priorities they will assign to new features, but I would hope that they are listening to their users. There is lots of good input on this forum mingled amongst the chaff of complaints. I imagine that the suggestion threads are easier to go through the complaint type threads.. :smileyhappy:
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
New Contributor
My Device: Z 10
My Carrier: 7184960500

This really needs to become avai - im now not able to return My BBZ10 - and group txting is a huge part of how i make my money....HUGE ISSUE FOR ME!  i dont know how BB could miss such a dimple thing.

please get it or an app ava for it asap

My Device: z10

Get it done RIM!!
Forums Advisor III

The best way to get posts noticed on this forum is to hit the "Like" button on the posts that you like, this does 2 things (I believe) - it shoots the poster to the top of the 'top liked authors' list and (I believe) it moves the post up to the top of the most liked posts list.

I only say "I believe" becasue I cannot find a most liked posts list, but I would think that there is one, and I hope that the BB admins can see that list.. because if they can't then what's the point? Simply to stroke the egos of people posting here? Maybe the admins can chime in as to whether or not such a list exists...?

It is also a nicer way of saying "Com'on RIM (Blackberry)!" and I think that it gets noticed pretty quickly, I know that I certainly notice when somebody that is not one of the "usual suspects" hits the top of the leaderboard. :smileyhappy:

Anyhoo.. just an idea.

And yes, I have liked the first post in this thread suggesting that text groups should be possible, and I also believe that the same should be possible in BBM by being able to select your 'categories' as a recipient or 'all' as a recipient and not having to select all of the contacts one by one. :smileyhappy:

Anyhoo.. just my 2c.

Contributor

Please restore all the features we had as Blackberry Users if the Z10 is gonna keep us from going to the I phone.  Then at least re-inforce our loyalty by restoring all the features in operating system 7.  Or we might re-consider the I phones again.

Contributor
My Carrier: Virgin

Texts to multiple contacts needs to be watched. A text to more than one person is converted by the BB Z10 into a multimedia message and my carrier charges for those. So Happy New Year to all my contacts, they won't be getting a text!!

Contributor
My Carrier: Virgin

Don't get me started!! Have you tried syncing contacts and calender? There is no option to like the previous handsets.

I seem to remember the sales patter going " The Z10 will do everything previous handsets did and more " Eh! I don't think so!:No: