Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

JSanders
Solutions: 5,747
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Group texts

JMBMichell wrote:

I seem to remember the sales patter going " The Z10 will do everything previous handsets did and more " Eh! I don't think so!:No:

I don't recall that. I do recall Mr. Heins saying this would be a new BlackBerry like never before, built from the ground up.

And, for what it's worth, I agree, the group texts and email functions need to be returned.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
JMBMichell
My Carrier: Virgin

I appreciate that RIM or Blackberry would have been unlikely to deceive. However I was meaning the people at the coal face who are retailing the Z10. I am assuming they are ilinformed or their product training isn't quite up to speed yet.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
GordM
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

ViciousFerret, I guess the question would be, when will RIM have this service available. This is real downside to this phone for me. I would not have purchased it at the time had I known there were issues like this. I would have kept my Torch until these were worked out.

Please tell me that BB is working on it. There are other apps that I have purchased that also won't work on my Z10. Very disappointing.

I do like the phone and speed, but this still would have been a deal breaker. I rely heavily on my group texting.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
GenoKennedy

Same here I would have stayed with torch. I have also noticed z10 will not allow you to forward text as emails or emails as text. Rim needs to make this phone at least equal to the services we had vs Os 7. I will give them a few weeks to get our services back.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
GenoKennedy

Maybe we need to list these services one by one that they should restore?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
JMBMichell
My Carrier: Virgin

Do be careful the Z10 turns texts to groups into a multimedia message and my carrier charges for those so not inclusive of your contract.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
GenoKennedy

Please use plain text.
Contributor
GenoKennedy

Also z10 will not two way sync with yahoo contacts. You can add a contact in the phone it will show up as un filed contact on your yahoo account. But if you add a new contact into yahoo it will not show up in your phone. BlackBerry desktop manager would always sync them two way if you requested. I like all my contacts at my disposal whenever I need to reach them. Come on rim
Please use plain text.
Contributor
donason
My Carrier: Sasktel

SMSbyNow. I just discovered this new group text app. Let's hope all 28 contacts get the message. Thank you RIM for providing the app!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
selwyn123
My Carrier: 7184960500

cheers

Please use plain text.