Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10 Version 10.0.10.672 release 10.0.10.85
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Re: Group texts

[ Edited ]

bruceblackburn wrote:

just to let everyone on this string know - I'm binning the Z10 - it's cost me serious time and money through lack of group text and other lacking functionality - will be going back to a Bold - does the job - my view is technology is my slave NOT the other way around!

Bruce, if I didn't trade my torch in for this Z10, I'd be doing the same thing. I don't think RIM or Blackberry is even looking at this site or hears what it's customers are saying. If they were, they would send a notice to all of us explaining what they are doing and how & when they plan on fixing the issues brought up here. I sure as hell hope they aren't planning on riding on this small success like they did the last time, which almost ruined the company. It's sad that you can't even talk to someone from the company direct to ask these simple questions. It seems they are not interested anymore now that they have launched their new OS. It is frustrating because there are so many good things about this phone and platform.

I guess all I can do is wait for them to get off their butts and fix these issues. If you are listening BB, maybe contact your customers and let them know that you are and what is going on.

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Please keep the pressure on. Can anyone attempt to get a list services we had under Os 7 that we have apparently lossed? I had a torch as well
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Group texts are coming soon with next OS update from what i have heard on the web.

not much more that can be done until Carrier pushes it out after testing

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Select all option of BBM broadcast also resolved with next update which by the way is already available via leak but I think I'll wait for official ota
Contributor
My Carrier: Sasktel

The new app is available SMSbyNow for group texting. Thank you for fixing the glitches. Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange

I am just sending my brand new Z10 back after discovering that it doesn't have group texting and emailing which I use every day.

I can't believe that RSIM have got rid of the one feature that distinguishes it from the others and, for me, the main reason I love the Blackberry. What on earth are you playing at RSIM. I'm going back to my Bold but you've got 3 months to sort it otherwise I'm off to Samsung.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 7313369437

Smsbynow is better than the bold was.
Contributor
My Device: Z10 Version 10.0.10.672 release 10.0.10.85
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

SMSbynow is nice, other than the fact that it stores every individuals name of the group in the hub after sending out a group text.. It just sucks that I had to purchase an app that that BB used to have. It bewilders me how another company can develope such an app and BB can't seem to do it, or is it that it isn't a priority for them. It is for me!

Highlighted
Contributor
My Carrier: Sasktel

Smsbymow does not work for us. We have 28 members in the group and 8 got the message. When we asked a member why they didn't reply to the test message he showed us he did. Of course we didn't receive it. Its to unreliable. Husband couldn't take another day of the z10 and switch back to bold 9900. I have had it for other reasons (battery heating up and draining) so I will be switching to an iPhone. Thanks RIM.
Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: T-Mobile

drewread wrote:

The functionality has not been added to the new OS yet, and an app developer has taken the opportunity to fill a void for those that require the functionality until it is. This is the same as many other apps that are out there, they fill a requirement that some users have.

If you need the functionality immediately, then maybe the app is the way to go, if you are willing to wait for the functionality to be added to the OS (I am) then you simply wait. Smiley Wink

The choice is yours.

Here's the thing - why should we have to wait for something that we had before?  I remember being able to participate in group texts on the Curve I was using back in 2008!  To have taken this functionality away is a tremendous step backwards and absolutely ridiculous!