Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

HELP: I Can't Reload Z10 Firmware

my z10 has been doing a few silly things since the last update and i saw via bb link that if this is the case, try reloading the firmware. yes i have done that in the past with other bb's and so decided to give it a go. but when i select the Reload button via bb link, it does absolutely nothing.  literally.

what the heck is going on folks.  i just want to reload the firmware.  help!

Solutions: 6,171
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: HELP: I Can't Reload Z10 Firmware

To return to latest carrier released OS.

1- pull battery out
2- open Link
3- click on setting top right corner
4- plug your phone to computer
5- insert battery in
6- while booting up click on your phone left bottom corner
7- you should see a window popping up, during reboot, that give you the choice of reloading to carrier setting

If that doesn't work:

Try connecting your device to the PC

On the PC, go to URL www.blackberry.com/update

remove and replace the battery to reload the OS.

If that doesn't work, let us know.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Super Contributor

JSanders wrote:

To return to latest carrier released OS.

1- pull battery out
2- open Link
3- click on setting top right corner
4- plug your phone to computer
5- insert battery in
6- while booting up click on your phone left bottom corner

while i was holding the left bottom corner, it showed percentage of boot completion and when it reached 100%, the phone just ended up at the Home screen.

7- you should see a window popping up, during reboot, that give you the choice of reloading to carrier setting

If that doesn't work:

Try connecting your device to the PC

On the PC, go to URL www.blackberry.com/update

remove and replace the battery to reload the OS.

when the phone was booting up, the LED turned red after awhile, then the phone restarted and the LED turned green for awhile, then i got a pop up on the computer screen to reload the carrier software.  it is currently downloading.

If that doesn't work, let us know.

Super Contributor

oh **bleep** i didn't back up a single thing! it looks like everything is wiped out! wth?!
Super Contributor

after all of that, i.e. losing contacts, calendar events, text messages, sent emails... my sent emails are still showing when i clearly have the setting Show Sent Emails set to OFF. 

the phantom voice mail indicator that was always showing one message has gone (whoopie). 

my camera photos are still miraculously on the phone though. 

i am praying that i have an old backup of my contacts somewhere or else i'm really going to be thoroughly pissed.

don, I do hope you have a backup, but your emails and such should sync back ok.

How were your contacts and calendar on the device, were they connected to any synced email account?

If you have a backup file, even an old, I can help you with that.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Super Contributor

next time please state to backup the device before proceeding.  thanks.

i have performed several firmware updates in the past and it usually asks if you want to backup the information.  since i was not asked, i assumed that it was not needed.  maybe that precaution was removed on bb link.

i have a three month old backup and i just need the grab the contacts so i don't have to type them in again.  all the other items, i can probablyget over losing (i.e. past calendar events, sent emails, downloaded files).  but next time i will backup even if i don't need to.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

i have a backup from 3/26 when i first got the phone. that's better than nothing.

i do not wish to restore all data (i don't need three month old emails), just the contacts.

does anyone know if the contacts are contained in Application Data, Media, or Settings?

You should perform your own (at least) weekly backups of any mobile device, that should be understood before even allowing someone to own any BlackBerry, Android or iPhone. I can't remind you to be doing what you should be doing already.

That said, yes I should have reminded you to backup and and I thought about it BUT I am afraid that restoring all your settings and data will also restore the EXACT same problem you were already having.

There is not way to restore ONLY the contacts from your settings or Application data. Where is this three month old backup now, from another previous BlackBerry? On your PC? Do you still have that BlackBerry?

Knowledge Base Updates
Super Contributor

like i said, next time i will perform a backup first regardless.  i wasn't getting on your case, just stating that it would have been nice to have it reiterated nonetheless.  my backup is from 3/26 and is from the z10.  bb link does have an inclusive restore but just for media, app data or settings.  i was just wondering which category contained the contacts.  if no one knows, so be it.