Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
1Deedee1
My Device: Z10

HELP - No sound

I installed the bebuzz pro  a couple of days ago and ever since, I do not have any sound receiving emails.  I have deleted the app to see if it is the cause and made sure that the sound option is on under the settings but nothing, vibrate is also on but nothing comes through.  All the others, bbm, sms etc works perfectly fine its just mails.  Its very frustrating as I use my phone for work mails and now I dont get any notification.  I have restarted my phone a couple of times and pulled the battery but nothing changed it still remains the same.  

Please :Helpsmilie:

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

Re: HELP - No sound

From what you are saying, you installed an app where afterwards you lost a sound option. Then when you uninstalled the app the sound option did not return.

Sometimes when uninstalling programs they not uninstall properly, or they make changes that are not changed back after they are being removed. In a sense we can view this as poorly written software.

In this case to fix this, I would re-install the OS. Make a backup of the phone using the Link software before reinstalling the OS. When doing the resore only restore the contacts, and general data. Don't restore the preferences, in case this could return your problem.  If you have backups that were created before the install of the problem software, then you can use that backup to restore everything.

I have had similar problems with poorly written software in computers, phones, and other types of devices.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.