Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
valoories
My Device: z10

HELP! Problem with adding Z10 device to Blackberry Protect

i've read a few posts regarding this issue.. with little help from them.

I've turned BB Protect on with all the Location Services turned on. Logged into protect site.. and it says "To add a device to this account, load the BB Protect Application onto your device from the BB AppWorld"

i logged out of the protect website.. went back into the settings turned proctect off then off again, backed out into settings. 

i rebooted the phone, checked that protect was still turned on, logged into the bb protect website and still no avail.

-- Note; I didnt buy my phone from a major Australian Provider/Carrier and bought it outright from Kogan a major online retailler  for mobiles n electronics. <-- could this be the issue why it doesnt work?

Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Original_Lucy
My Device: BB ZED 10

Re: HELP! Problem with adding Z10 device to Blackberry Protect

Hi, just to clarify, did you log on to BlackBerry Protect with the same BlackBerry ID that your Z10 connects to BB world? Just checking, as soon as I turn on protect on my Zed10, I then go to the website and log in with BB ID and then I can see where my device is. So make sure you have signed into BB world first and use your ID. Maybe that's the problem, if you haven't registered your device with the ID first. Just a shot here. Hope that helps.

Smile, it makes people wonder what you are up to. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
valoories

Yup I logged into BlackBerry Protect using the same BlackBerry id that I'd used to connect to bb world.

I just double checked to.. really strange. I also checked the device details to make sure it was all the same.. and it is. Hrmm
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Original_Lucy
My Device: BB ZED 10

Hmm, don't know what to tell you. Did you switch from a previous BB and do a device switch? You may have to do a wipe of the phone and start over, but keep the same BB ID. Make sure you back up your device first, if you have any info that you don't want to lose, then start over and register the device ID once again. Do you have current OS, checked for upgrades to the OS? I would expect if you wiped and started over it would solve the issue. Let us know how you resolve it. If none of that helps, check on Blackberry.com and see if it has anything in the knowledge base about it. I will check also.

Smile, it makes people wonder what you are up to. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
cj7
Contributor
cj7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

I also have this problem.

When I log in protect.blackberry.com by my BB ID.

I can not find my Z10, only show 

"To add a device to this account, load the BlackBerry Protect Application onto your device from the BlackBerry AppWorld " under a blackberry icon.

(BTW, can somebody tell me hoe to upload the pictures?)

Please use plain text.
cj7
Contributor
cj7

is it can only use under BES?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
valoories

I haven't tried restarting my phone yet but it does have the newest os available mm but i'll let you know the results..

Cj7: you can take screen shots on your phone by pressing the volume up and down button at the same time.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
valoories

So I factory reset my phone... no luck.. :smileysad: blackberry protect still won't recognise my device.
Please use plain text.
cj7
Contributor
cj7

But my problem is how to upload the pic to here?

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
ukmight
My Device: Z10 STL 100-2 & PlayBook 64GB

cj7: Have you turned on the blackberry protect on your device. To turn on Protect on your device, swipe down to enter settings and select blackberry protect. Turn on the protect services and ensure that all location services are set to on. Following this log on to the protect services and check if you can view your device on the website.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @ukmight
1. Click on the " Like " button if you find anything helpful posted.

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.
Please use plain text.