Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: HIGH DATA USAGE ON MY BB Z10

My sentiments EXACTLY. I would love to buy my way out of this contract.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

JSanders wrote:

There is not a problem, there is simply lots of data you're using.

You and I both are accustomed to the traditional BIS BlackBerry data plans, which used compressed data. Those other brands such as iPhones and Androids never used compressed data, and they use just as much data as your Z10.

The Z10 is working (and using data) as designed.

agreed

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

It may be working and using data as designed, but that does not make it acceptable.  That is what I agree to.

Solutions: 6,259
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

charlesmjohnson wrote:
My sentiments EXACTLY. I would love to buy my way out of this contract.

Charles, if you moved to an iPhone or Droid on ATT, you will experience the same or more data usage.

Just a fact now.

>> Get your 15% Discount on ShopBlackBerry on Passport • Classic • Leap

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10

charlesmjohnson wrote:

It may be working and using data as designed, but that does not make it acceptable.  That is what I agree to.

What did you "agree to" ??

If your provider told you that the BBZ10 uses the BIS, and thus compressed date, still, then they lied to you. Take it back.

You should have checked out the feature set on the phone and the new OS10 before you got it.

Kind of silly that you got something new without knowing anything about it.

Fred

New Contributor

Really, Fred?!

This is your comment?!  This is what you had to say?!  Listen, this is america.  I can be as silly as I want to when I am using my money to buy something for me or my family and complain about it everday for the rest of my life.. of I want to.  Its called FREEDOM.  I can use that same freedom to go and get another phone if I chose not to stay with this one and/or AT&T as my carrier.  If you are not going to be helpful, I would suggest you should use some of your freedom to find something better to do with your time.

But thank you anyway.

Charles.

[ Edited ]

Amazing how one poster can claim a "freedom" to buy, speak and and what have you, and in the same sentance set out to deny another of the same.

Charles, honestly, unless you're going to go buy a "dumbphone" without email, internet, etc,. OR downgrade to a legacy BBOS device such as a 9900, you're going to be draining the data bank (and like I said, especially so on iPhone and droids).

Let me give an example, my wife and I both have a Z10s. They do use about 3x the data as formerly. My parents-in-law, on the same network, with twoi iPhones and I know for a fact that they do NOT use their devices to the extent of my wife and I use ours, and they used 10gb/monthly avg, over the past four months. Our two Z10s have been averaging about 4-5-5gb/month, since end of May.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10

And he never answered the question; what did he "agree to"

lol

Fred

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: blacberry torch
My Carrier: t mobile

I have the same problem, and everyone seems to say it is ok??? i went to my dealer and they told me to call customer loyalty.  the question is not there, the question is when you buy a blackberry it is not to replace an iphone but to replace a blackberry.  I went back to my torch. I believe the Z10 is not worst anything compared to any of the new smartphone and whoever says something else must be out of his mind to even think comparing an iphone or a samsung by a Z10.  Only the offer of apps are with no comparison with the BB offer, then the ease of use etc...

I do not know, but I beieve that whoever allowed the Z10 to not use compressed data should be fired from the companyand at the limit should not be allowed to work in the telecom industry anymore.  In my case, I paid $450 for nothing using the Z10, I went back to my toch and pay back $40 for BB and unlimited international roaming.  I will definitely change operator when my contract will come to term, because lying to customer is not the way to go especially when you misrepresent the products.  the Z10 would have been a perfect new BB if compressed data, without it it is just a piece of hardware way too expensive for what it has to offer. When I did contact my operator they admitted that they were not aware of the situation and became aware of it with the number of complains, but neither BB nor the operator did anything about it.  but they took the money for the handset and for the extra data usage that was supposed to be included in the plan so for me both are guilty and maybe should be qualified as lacking honesty.  I believe this situation should call for a class action against both parties but so far I have not heard of anyone starting it.  I will just bite my hand and hope or BB or the operator will solve the problem or at least will have the honesty to reimbursed the people like me that use BB for BB not for a smartphone because anyone in the business knows that the Z10 cannot compete with any smartphone on the market especially at the price it is offered.  If my talks with my operator and BB come to result I will inform you.  We are all in the same boat and we all have been abused.

pdnirc, no one has "abused" you. Users were demanding the less expensive generic data plans, and likewise with the compression/decompression, the data moves faster and requires no processing on the device. BlackBerry has done what it requires to remain competitive and if it doesn't work for you, sorry.

Knowledge Base Updates