Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
sheldonlaz
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone India

Re: HIGH DATA USAGE ON MY BB Z10

I have all my contact sync through gmail.  There would be around 800 contacts or so. Could it be FB contacts ??? I dont use dropbox.
My apps are as below.

Facebook*

Twitter

LinkedIn

BBM*

WhatsApp*

The Score

MoneyControl

Zomato

YouTube

TuneIn Radio (Which i use only off the Wifi)

MakeMyTrip

TOI

HDFC Bank

Photo Sketch

World Recipes.

Games

Saving Yello

Archery

Posting from my Z10
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,893
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

yes, it could be, or one of those other apps updating/syncing data.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sheldonlaz
My Carrier: Vodafone India

I guess that could be the issue. Are there any apps helpful to determine data flow which can be useful in this scenario.

Posting from my Z10
Please use plain text.
JSanders

not that can track the data usage by a specific app, no.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
pdnirc
My Device: blacberry torch
My Carrier: t mobile

Just to continue on previous discussions.  there are no solution to high data usage on Z10.  I have talked to different engineers of different operators and finally talked last week with a special customer service and they confirmed to me that actually there are no soultion, or you buy this phone with an unlimited data plan or you will become a cash cow for your operator.  It is apparent that many people in BB did not do their job.  I was offered an older BB unit or a $200 refund.  I have my BB Z10 seating in its box, and everytime I wish all the worst of the world on the BB people responsible for this project.  Just do not buy the unit, their are no solutions.  I cannot wait for CES to visit the BB booth and hear the lies of the BB people.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

pdnirc, lies? Who told you a lie?
Before you start trolling, it is known that #BlackBerry10 does NOT function on compressed data. Period. Same as the iPhone, Android and others. Customers demanded quicker data, there it is. And it causes higher data usage. Known fact.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Fred98tj
My Carrier: AT&T

I don't understand some people here.

I have a Z10, have had it for 3 months.

I surf, I stream some music, I have a handful of email accounts.

I use usually less than 1gb of data per month.

Fred

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pdnirc
My Device: blacberry torch
My Carrier: t mobile

Just for Jsanders, I do not lie and I have no intention to do so.  I have been selling base equipment to operators all over the world for more than 20 years and I think I know a little about the matter. Regarding the Z10 the issue is a little bit more complex because it has been introduced, presented, and sold as a new BB.  Yes now everyone knows that it does not use the BIS so it is just a plain smartphone.  Now, I have two Iphone 5 and 2 iphone 4, and the parameters are done the same way, explain me why my Z10 when connected data on, but no app or no browser connected  or no email connected when everything is off except that the data is on, the phone uses data since nothing requires data?, this is the problem.  I am glad that fred98tj is not consuming any more than 1GB, my carrier is t-mobile usa not att.  Or they have made some changes on the firmware or I am at a no understanding situation.  I solved my problemI am using my old torch and everything came back to normal.  I still have my z10 seating in front of me and I do not know what to do with it because as soon as I put my sim back inside, after deleting all email accounts after disconnecting all functions but keeping on the data it is working on its own?  Tell me where is the trick.  I compare it to a charger that you keep plug in the wall without charging anything and it keeps on consuming electricity , which is normal, for the data, it is not normal. So can call me whatever you want , just explain the reason.  A computer on does not operates unless instructed to do so the Z10 should be excatly the same because on a samsung or an apple it does not happen with the same sim card? EXPLAIN

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
donteatberries

Your right.... Much more Data usage.. Been droid for years never bumped 1 gig switched to Z10 pretty much same apps 2 gig same time frame .. Interesting thought though took battery out .. got charged for 164 kb with no battery in phone ..HMMM. Nice phone though..
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
donteatberries

You go Charles I'm with you..
Please use plain text.