Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
javavibe
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

HUB not showing new corporate email

I have a couple of Z10 users where their HUB does not show new messages for their corporate email.  Specs: Blackberry Enterprise Server 10.1.0.44 connecting to Lotus Traveler 9 IFP 1.  I have: 1) tried battery pulls 2) deleting the user account from the BES 10 server and Lotus Traveler and reactivating the account on the Z10 3) updating the BlackBerry OS on the phones to 10.1.0.4633 3) wiping the OS on the phone, reinstalling the OS and reactivating the account 4) putting one of the users on new hardware and reactivating a clean account.  None of this has had any effect on the problem.  It looks like a software issue and is related to the users themselves.  I have seen some chatter about Facebook breaking the notifications in the HUB, but none of the users have an activated Facebook account.  Has anyone come across this or has a potential solution I have not tried?

BDS 5.0.3.31
BDS 6.2
Lotus Traveler 8.5.3
Lotus Traveler 9
Retired
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: HUB not showing new corporate email

Hey javavibe,

Open the Hub> Select the Account> At the top select the drop down  Arrow> Select the Inbox> Can you see the email messages?

Do these users have multiple folder setup in the email account? If yes, Go to the Hub> Press the Menu key> Settings> Email accounts> Select the account> Edit account> Edit Folder Settings> Are the correct folders selected? 

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
javavibe
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: HUB not showing new corporate email

New messages are not visible when viewing the individual accounts.  You can search for message that are missing and the search will find the missing messages. 

Some of the users have only their corporate accounts and other users have multiple accounts.  I have checked the HUB and made sure the Inbox folder is selected.  This issue only applies to the corporate account.  The corporate account is activated off the BES10 server with an email policy.  The users cannot change the corporate account email settings.  The strangest part of this issue, it it only effects a small group of users.  I cannot find any common factors between them.  The server logs from the Lotus server shows email being delivered to the BES10 system and the BES10 logs show the messages being delivered to their phones.  When the phones are activated they appear to be working correctly.  After some period of time, they users start to complain that new email messages are not appearing in the HUB.  I have tried resetting the HUB with the magic 5 swipes gesture and it does not correct the problem.  I can only assume the users are doing something on their phones and cannot communicate what changes they have made (they all deny having messed with the phone).  Something is preventing the HUB from displaying the messages correctly.  It is not a hardware issue, and it is only specific users.  There are over 80 BB10 activations, all using the same email policy and only 5 users have this problem. 

I am stumped.

BDS 5.0.3.31
BDS 6.2
Lotus Traveler 8.5.3
Lotus Traveler 9