Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
Ride_The_Sky
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Has Blackberry fixed anything major since Z10 was released?

[ Edited ]

After over a month since the Z10 was released worldwide (only about a week in USA), has Blackberry (RIM) fixed anything after listening to user concerns or complaints? I am very much concerned because there has been so many concerned voiced both here and in CB forums, yet, we have not heard much from BB management/development team other than workarounds to avoid the issues, or saying in a way "it should be fixed with next update, hopefully, one day, we think.." and bear in mind this is not coming from BB directly.

I loved my BB's since I had a 8100, 8300, 8900, 9700 and I held back on buying 9900 hoping that the new blackberry was just around the corner, 4 years later Z10 is finally here, and after all the time BB had on its hands, they failed to impress the hard-core BB crowd. Don't get me wrong, it is an excellent system and very intuitive and totally easy to use, -I find myself swiping up on my wife's android phone, even I expect to see flickable words on top of my 9700 when I go back to check my other carrier's accounts- but e-mail, communication, and the whole business aspect of Z10 sadly falls short of expectations. Honestly if you gave me (and most of us will agree) a plain text e-mail client with nothing but lines of sender/subject/date, or even just emulate OS5, or 7 e-mail client, port it exactly over into new system, and then just build on it, we would not be here asking what has BB (RIM) done recently.

BlackBerry as a company needs to think about this: I am so lucky that neither Android (Google) nor iOS (Apple) invested enough time and effort in their e-mail clients in order beat what we had in earlier BB OS's. Honestly if Google or Apple, or even Microsoft (what are they thinking, they got Exchange, build on it already!) had anything close to older blackberry e-mail clients, there would be no Blackberry today. As recently as 6 months ago I bought Galaxy Nexus and couldn't wait to get back to my 9700.. You couldn't buy me with 10 nexuses.

I hope Z10 does not become the next Playbook. (I love my playbook, but it is no Blackberry)

Please use plain text.
Visitor
terrain
My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Has Blackberry fixed anything major since Z10 was released?

I am fed up - link is useless and now I have lost the basic connection to the media card. The most basic requirement is that the thing functions as a storage device. Yes I know how to enable it. Yes I know how to encourage it and yes I know how to help windows 7 recognize it... but it seems to be shy of actually wanting to engage with the world.

Please use plain text.
Developer
asiayeah
My Device: Z10, Bold 9900
My Carrier: Smartone

First update of BlackBerry 10 has targetted battery life which was one of the major user concerns. It has also optimized the camera for better photos in low-light situations. 

I know BlackBerry 10.1 is also coming soon together with Q10.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Ride_The_Sky

Hopefully it won't be like Android, waiting for carrier to release the updates.
Can autoloader be used on final product to update OS?
I do not see BlackBerry offering 10.0.10.x anywhere, so it sounds like we will have to depend on carrier to supply updates. Am I correct?
Please use plain text.
Developer
asiayeah
My Device: Z10, Bold 9900
My Carrier: Smartone

Yes, OTA updates require the push from carriers.

I read there are other ways to force update without the wait, but that may not always work. You can refer to http://m.crackberry.com/how-get-latest-blackberry-10-software-your-z10-even-if-your-carrier-hasnt-pu...

I would recommend waiting for the official OTA update to save the hassle and to receive better support.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Ride_The_Sky

Thank you, if the newer OS addresses the concerns of BB users, I see no reason to wait for carrier (they usually drag their feet in USA). Honestly, in all of my BB ownership, I never received any support from the carrier. I think we've got all we need here in these and other forums. As long as we can revert back to earlier OS (I wish it was as easy as older OS's with JL_cmdr) it really wouldn't be a big deal.

Thanks for pointing it out, hopefully 10.1 will be here soon.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Actually, there were quite a few fixes in the first release (10.0.10.85 or 10.0.10.90 depending where you are located I believe), unfortunately they also introduced the SMTP header bug in that release..

I personally think that there is a fix for that and other things in the pipe, but we are being held up by carriers..

Release info here

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.