Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Gomphonema
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Having trouble exiting settings screen within contacts

Loving the new phone but having a problem exiting the settings screen within contacts

If you close the contact app and then reopen it you are still on the settings screen, I am trying to get back to a screen where I can add my contacts.

Anyone know how to close the settings screen within contacts?

Thanks, Dave.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ndoki
My Device: z10

Re: Having trouble exiting settings screen within contacts

Well first things first, is there a back button in the bottom left corner?

Please use plain text.
Gomphonema

No back button ... doesn't appear to be a hidden menu ... really baffling

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ndoki
My Device: z10

I agree, if I go into my contacts settings there is definitely a back button.  All I could think to suggest is doing a factory reset if your UI is really that messed up, but there's probably a better solution I'm not aware of.  Sorry.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor
-BD-
My Device: Z10

I'd try a battery pull before any sort of device wipe.

Please use plain text.
Gomphonema

When you are on the contact settings screen at the bottom left corner there is a tab but when you press it it brings you to the contact hub ... from there you cant go anywhere except back to the settings screen one level up.

Do you really think that the back tab is somehow gone? 

Doesn't make sense to me. I will try a battery pull and replace to see if the problem resets but I doubt it will.

Can anyone else out there go into contact settings and back out with a back button in the bottom left corner?

If so I guess I will have to set back to factory settings. ... but seems like some kind of flaw?? - Dave R.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor
-BD-
My Device: Z10

Thats not the setting screen that has a back button.  We were talking about when you swipe down from the top and choose settings.

That menu I can click on any of the specific contact accounts or all and it will go away.  or I can press the 3 dots button again and it will hide itself without switching.

Please use plain text.
Gomphonema

Tried all of those things and it kept me in the settings menu ...

After I pulled the battery and reinstalled it did allow me to access the normal contact screen again with all of the contact names. I guess I will try to reenter the settings again and see if the same problem repeats ... just when I get brave enought to retry. ...I guess I always have the battery pull to fall back on if all else fails.

Thanks for the technical suggestions ... I will repost whether I am successful navigating contact settings the second time I try or if I get a fail ...

Please use plain text.
Gomphonema

OK got brave and tried contact settings again, this time the back button did appear and took me back to my contacts screen ... I think the problem occurred when I toggled all of the buttons on to grab contacts from various sources like facebook etc. The phone goes out and grabs this information and for some reason it got stuck uploading this stuff.

Taking the battery out of the back of the phone and letting the phone reset solves the problem.

Thanks for suggestion to resolve this issue.

I'm back in operation. - Dave R.

Please use plain text.