Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: China Mobile

Help, why I can't find the BBM contact ?

Nothing show up after searching the pin number? Any BBM expert may help? Thanks!
Retired
My Device: Q10/9900/9790
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Help, why I can't find the BBM contact ?

Hey Alberto68

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

To better help can you please describe the steps you are taking to search for a PIN number on the BlackBerry smartphone?

Can you please confirm if you have direct communication with the contact you are attempting to add in BlackBerry Messenger? Has the other contact attempted to add you as a contact on BlackBerry Messenger?

I look forward to your reply!

Goose947

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Hi Goose947,

Thanks for your comment! 

Z10 is a new device for me and it's the first time I use Blackberry BBM.  As I know one of my contact in Spain uses BBM, I tried to add him.  This is a smooth experience which I added him and can sent him message through BBM. 

However, while adding another friend in Canada, there seemed to have some problm.  I could not trace the PIN number he gave me but still manage to add him via sending invitation to his email.  Yet, till not, I could not sent any message to him.  Every time it's a RED failure reminder after trying for two days. 

Moreover, I also tried to send invitation via email, add other PINs, or to join public groups, which have not been successful.   When I fill a PIN number in the search area, I could not see any reaction.  Is it a problem?

Best,

Alberto68

Regular Contributor
My Device: BB ZED 10
My Carrier: Fido

Hi Alberto, I was having a fews delays with requests going through also. Try having your friends send you the request. I did that and now my requests go through. It might not work for you, your issue may be different, but it's worth a try.

Smile, it makes people wonder what you are up to. :smileyhappy:
New Contributor

Thanks!