Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: Helppp plzzz… My Z10 not restoring after wipe….. PLZZZZZ HELPPPP

Guys really appreciate the help u guys r extending....... No my contacts were not on the sim card Smiley Sad as it was a new micro sim when i upgraded to the Z10 from my bold 3 9780.... 

Brand new problem............... Now when i plug in my phone onto my mac thru a usb it doesnt show in the link at all but creates a new icon which reads "blackberry cd" and it takes me thru installation of the BB link again and again.... did that also but till the time this gets resolved i cant do anything at all....... So now wat do i do ?????

Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

Hmm... have seen numerous USB drives "mis-read" as a CD.  Anyway, so try this: Settings > Storage and Access > USB Mass Storage "OFF" (if it's on).  Try again.  Report back. 

Contributor

Somehow managed to get that sorted though the usb thing was off only..........

Was trying to do wat u suggested..... not signing into BBid in the link but on my device i dont get an option to sign out of my bb id which is already signed in..... though on the link both r signed out...... 

It doesnt give me any notice saying that the device is not recognized by the link..... so very difficult to take ur suggestions forward....... 

Have been reading up so much so am utterly confused but will it help to change the file path from .bbb to xml or anything else.... and how to do that.... ??

Highlighted
Contributor

Finally made some headway and atleast got my contacts thru BB protect.... though its set me back my 6 months..... but something is better than nothing.... but sitll trying to crack the code for the restore..... do lemme know if u guys find anything..... Cheers Smiley Happy