If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Jcbarsa
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-mobile
Accepted Solution

Hi, how do I delete all the contacts in the Z10, I mean not one by one, thanks!

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
elessar
My Device: Z30 | Z10 | Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Hi, how do I delete all the contacts in the Z10, I mean not one by one, thanks!

[ Edited ]

Welcome to the Forum.

When asking for assistance, it's helpful to advise which version of the OS you're running -- it can make a difference in the options available to you. Go to Settings > About > OS.  You'll see 10.0.0.xxxx or 10.1.0.xxxx.

Are your contacts stored on the device, or are they synced from an email account such as Gmail or Outlook.com.  Are they from a social account such as Twitter or Facebook? For most accounts where contacts are synced to your device, you can to to Settings > Accounts and select one. Scroll down, and you should have an option "Sync Contacts".  Turn that off, and the contacts for that account will be deleted.  This takes a few minutes.

If the contacts are stored locally, go to Accounts and tap the overflow menu button (3 vertical dots at the bottom right of the page).  Tap "Clear Local Contacts".

If you wish to select multiple contacts to delete in a batch, tap and hold one contact.  From the menu that appears from the right, tap the box with a checkmark ("select more") and then return to the list and tap all the contacts you wish to delete. Then, tap the trash symbol, and they'll be deleted.

Hope one of these helps.

New Contributor
adcityadvertisers
My Device: z10
My Carrier: warid

Re: Hi, how do I delete all the contacts in the Z10, I mean not one by one, thanks!

Os 10 does not have the option to select all.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jcbarsa

Thanks!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jcbarsa

Thanks, those helped!
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
elessar
My Device: Z30 | Z10 | Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

No problem - glad to help.

New Contributor
INZAN
My Carrier: DU

hi  all,

you can go to contacts and on left   you  can see logo or slot  to asign photo to contact  just  touch  that  and menu will appear on right  side on that you  need to selet  the fifth icon after  that  you  can highlight  multiple contacts &  CLEAR.

thanks guys have fun  and make sure you  keep back up before deleting.

thanks,

Inzan

Please use plain text.