Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Super Contributor
donb
My Device: Z10

How Do I Resend Unsent Emails?

I have a couple of sent emails that are just sitting forever with a clock icon. 

How can I push these emails through as I am unable to locate a resend button?

Super Contributor
donb

Re: How Do I Resend Unsent Emails?

It looks like my email server settings got jacked up.

They were working fine initially but now they're mysteriously not working.
Super Contributor
donb

ok it seems like there is a  bug with the email settings. 

at first i had transferred over my email settings using Link and it was fine then. 

later on i decided to update something and that's when trouble began. 

all i did was change the description and saved and then that messed things up.  i noticed that at times my email settings would not remain the same everytime i went to Edit Account. 

so if the settings did not recall properly and then you change one thing without checking all the other settings, the bogus email setting(s) will get saved and then your email will become jacked up.

i have it working now but had to make super sure that i checked that all of the settings were ok before i pressed Save.

i bet if you set your email once and it works and you never ever edit the settings again, you probably will never see this problem.

but with me i was changing my name and description a few times and so i was making numerous trips to Edit Account.

Contributor
hrdnox
My Device: Z10 Blackberry 10

If you have trouble sending them, like I do sometimes just as I enter a subway tunnel in Toronto. I sometimes just open the email up and FWD, forward it...it's a little messier with the extra filler lines in the message body "Original Message from A to B FWD to C etc." But it's a quick fix if you are firing an email to friends and family and not business associates. 

If you want a tidier message, editing it and resending it for now...until they fix that bug too....they should really have sent insect repellent with every Z10.

It's always funny when it's someone else.
Regular Contributor
c0rsari
My Device: Q5

I'm wondering where they had forgot their brain when they had concept this OS 10.

it leaks always on basic and consolidated (previous OSs) features.

now let me understand which the sense is it to remove the "send again" command!!!?!?!?!??!

they come to my mind only bad words, it is better to keep the mouth shut off!

same here, one message is there with a nice clock icon and no way to push it, f.o.

see you

C0r.
Forums Advisor II
scrannel
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247

FWIW I had the exact same issue on my previous Android phone.  Always had to "forward" to resend.  Not sure if this is account specific.  With Text there is a "send again" command. 

Forums Advisor I
LCromwell
My Device: Z10-STL100-4

Mine started doing this and it seems to be related to my WiFi.
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Regular Contributor
c0rsari

it doesn't matter what is it related too:
it is missing the re-send command! ;-)
Regular Contributor
c0rsari

the re-send command has always been there maybe from BlackBerry OS 1.0...
Super Contributor
donb

Well it hasn't reoccured for me since the 10.1 update.  I'm also using an IMAP server now versus POP3 back then.