Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
jph1962
My Device: Q10

How I know if I am using LTE ?

I am with Vodafone in Germany and have been told that LTE only works in poor frequency regions. Until today ( after 2 month ) I never see the LTE or 4G sign in my display. I use my Q10 during Mountainbiking, Forrest and more "poor regions" but never received a LTE signal. Do I have to change settings ?

Thanks

Jens

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BeamRider47
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: How I know if I am using LTE ?

is LTE activated as part of Your Vodafone Contract?

As T-Mobile Customer U have to activate it seperately.

With my Z10 I get "4G" in Urban Areas and mostly a "4GLTE" in the "outer rim" areas.

Best way to ensure theoretically is to look in the LTE coverage maps of Vodafone.

Practically it might be the case that the LTE signal is not properly distributed in "the woods" ;-)

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jph1962

Thank you for your reply. It is strange with VF, nobody seems to know how it works, where it works and so on. I am beeing busy to escalate the situation. I´ll keep it posted once I have an answer which is satisfying ( or even not :No:)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BeamRider47

...or not ;-)

It really sometimes is some kind of surprise game,whether U have LTE (as stated by the maps,the providers issue) or You have not.
In general You can say those maps are pretty accurate (as far as Germany is concerned), BUT, as I stated earlier, especially in forests or outer rim areas, the chances are pretty high that You won't be able to make use of LTE, even if the area should be covered according to the Info VF (or any other provider) issued!
Trees and branches intend to block signals, some more,some less...but if You have enough branches,the signal will be eliminated...a forest just ain't a fibre-developed neighborhood ;-))
Please use plain text.
Contributor
BeamRider47

What area in Germany are we taking about in Your individual case?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jph1962

different areas, Munich, Hamburg and the coast-side of Germany ( Lübeck / Fehmarn / Puttgarden )

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jph1962

Finally I got the business support team 5 minutes ago explaining to me that LTE has not been activated yet. I should restart my BB Q10 and then everything should be perfect. Wait and see......

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jph1962

Everything is like it should now. I do have a propper 4G Signal. There is still another question :

Does your Z10 is getting hot as well when using Skype or placing longer calls ?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BeamRider47

Fine...just what I thought right at the beginning!;-)

Yep, My Z10 gets (or let's hopefully say GOT) pretty hot during different occasions.
Even and especially when I had it inside the BlackBerry Leather (swivel) Holster!
But since the latest update (.4181) runs now on my device, the battery last muuuuuuuch(!) longer and I have the feeling that it doesn't heat up so much anymore...
(Took it off the charger this morning at 5:20h and it still has 70% capacity, is permanently connected to the WLAN, Bluetooth was activated a couple of times and so on...)
Please use plain text.