Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
MaungLmm
My Device: Mexico 6 & Z10

How can I get mobile data services on my Z10?

I have a BB z10 stl 100-2 and I can't get Data services on it. I live in Myanmar where ther is no BIS, BES and BB store. I used Curve 8520, Bold 9900 and I could get data services via only Opera although other apps were not working. But I never get Data on my Z10 as I get this z10 in previous Feb. Firstly I can't save APN on it. I clarified to BBHelp team but they replied me that it is provider issue. But Provider has no restriction on data services and allows all SIM by putting mptnet into the APN name. It is real and all Android, Iphone are working well. Only BB z10 can't get data.

last week , I went to Bangkok and I bought a SIM with data package from DTAC at airport. They said all z10 can get data services at BKK without having BIS. Normal data plan is ok. But my z10 was working only for phone call and couldn't get mobile data services. They said they have never seen before this problem and they returned money to me.

I thought that my country(Myanmar) is not a developed country and there might be some lack of technologies. So I thought I can get data services when I arrive BKK(Thailand). But there was no change. I am a BB fan and always grab only BB handset even I never get data services, no app working. So how can I fix it ? Or Blackberry help team will help me for it? Please.

THanks,

Lwin Mg Mg.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
48karthi
My Device: 9220 Curve

Re: How can I get mobile data services on my Z10?

Cool buddy,

First ask to your mobile operator high amount data pack for BB,

then ask it includes everything (internet, BBM, BB App World) or not.

If he tells not, i'm so sorry you are right.

By

Karthik V Iyengar

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MaungLmm
My Device: Mexico 6 & Z10

How about in Bankok? DTAC can provide all data services and Z10 can get services easily.  But why couldn't my z10 get data even after DTAC staff tried for 1 hour.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ayokunleade
My Device: Z10

I have a similar problem with my Z10, I'm unable to get mobile data connection except for Wi Fi connection on my Version unlocked device. Not even MTN Nigeria works. Anytime I do a OS upgrade check, it tells me I have the latest OS. What can I do? I'm so close to throwing the device into a furnace.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

ayokunleade wrote:
I have a similar problem with my Z10, I'm unable to get mobile data connection except for Wi Fi connection on my Version unlocked device. Not even MTN Nigeria works. Anytime I do a OS upgrade check, it tells me I have the latest OS. What can I do? I'm so close to throwing the device into a furnace.

To all of you who have this dara service problem I ahve afew question for you

1) Where did you get you BB10 device, I mean did you get it where you are located or in another country (while on vacation business trip, etc...)

2) What is the device model, SETTING > ABOUT, check the field MODEL NUMBER it should say something like STL100-1, or STL100-2, or STL100-3, or STL100-4.

This very important, because not all phone will work for data everywhere, those model number that I have previously listed determine what are the frequencies that the phone will operate with, and if you carrier where you are is not using the same frequencies that the phone is design to use then no matter what you do it will not work unless you replace the phone with the proper model ofr your location

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ayokunleade

Dear Martin,

Many thanks for your quick response, I got the phone from Florida, bought Two, one works fine but the other doesn't work. It is STL 100 -4, as it is with the other one but it's a surprise to see that one works but the other doesn't. What do you advise?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ayokunleade

Meanwhile I live in Nigeria.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

ayokunleade wrote:
Dear Martin,

Many thanks for your quick response, I got the phone from Florida, bought Two, one works fine but the other doesn't work. It is STL 100 -4, as it is with the other one but it's a surprise to see that one works but the other doesn't. What do you advise?

Since one work and the other not, I am at a loss, unless it is something with either the OS that is corrupted somehow and a re-install might fix it, or it is some thing with the hardware, and in this case it would be the phone that need to be replace.

BTW is the one that is not working "using" BIS on the carrier account, BB10 devices do not use BIS, if it is the case ask you carrier to give you a generic data plan instead of the BIS

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ayokunleade

To start with, true BIS doesn't work on OS10 but there are several data packages from daily, weekly to monthly between 100mb and 2000mb. Its a function of how much you can afford or your data traffic determines what you go for.

I have attempted a format and re install of the OS but it still won't work and as per the hardware, I have no clue as to what to do or how to go about that. My last hope is the anticipation of a favourable advice from this forum any time soon, at least that will guide me in dealing with any BlackBerry technician on what to do.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
scrannel
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247

If you have two identical phones, one works and one doesn't, have you also checked their APN seettings?
Please use plain text.