Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
theclyde
My Device: 9800, PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

How can I prevent Z10 from letting send SMS messages to home phones?

I can only send SMS messages to mobile phones.  Not yet have I seen a land line that can recieve texts.  How can I configure Z10 to only allow me option to send SMS messages to Mobile numbers?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: How can I prevent Z10 from letting send SMS messages to home phones?

Very simple, Go to contacts, select the person you want to text to land line. In the contact area, you have on the bottom after your list of phone numbers, it has a yellow text icon to text to 111-111-1111..  Just tried it with texting my land line and once I picked up the message, it gives you an option to reply and the message came back on the z10 as a text.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen

You can do it also from the text SMS icon or copose right from the HUB.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
theclyde
My Device: 9800, PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

Maybe I was not clear....

I have a contact. They have not a cell phone. It cannot recieve text messages I know that, so I did not store the contacts phone number unber mobile.

I understand how to send an SMS text message

When I select the contact, it gives me the option to Text them. This does not work,. I want to know how to prevent the Z10 from giving me this option.

When I create a new text message from the Hub, this contact shows up. Misleading.I would like to know how to have only contacts that can recieve text messages show up.

Thanks though

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen

I took a look at my Old Torch 9810 to see if when I go into text and select the contact, if it only shows the mobile number and it actually showed all the numbers, Mobile, work, home and had to choose which number. I understand what you are trying to do and makes sense if you can set a flag for certain numbers to show for text only. But from what I know , most land lines now support text to voice. So I can see why it would be a good idea to do have all the numbers show up when in text mode. 

Please use plain text.
bluegreensalad
My Device: z10
My Carrier: etisalat

This has been my problem, too. I would like to see how one can restrict sending text messages ONLY to mobile phones. Many landlines don't have the facility of receiving text messages, especially in developing nations, Blackberry must realise that.
Please use plain text.