Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
tk_bb10z
My Device: Z10

How can I revert to original OS

Hi,

I had few problems with caller ID, smart dialing option etc and accidentially installed devAlpha version 10.0.10.263 asuming it'll solve my issues. Now I'm stuck with this and experiencing more issues than my original version.

How can I revert to the original OS from dev alpha version. (my device is not a dev alpha device)

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

Re: How can I revert to original OS

Do a wipe of the phone.

Open the Link software. In the Link software there is a prompt to bring back the phone to the factory settings. I believe you can access this when clicking on the Computer tile at the lower left of the Link window. You then go to Setup, and then Libraries. You should see a prompt "Reload Device Software".  This should bring the phone back to the original factory state with the latest OS version for general users.

If the above does not work, I suggest contacting Blackberry support for assistance unless someone else comes up with something else to try.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tk_bb10z
My Device: Z10

Re: How can I revert to original OS

Thanks Jerry!

I thought reload only wipe the customization of the phone and reset the OS, not intall the factory OS. Can you confir this?

Please use plain text.