Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
radioguy
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: verizon

How do I delete emails on "PHONE ONLY"???

My blackberry curve allowed my to delete messages on the phone only, how do I do that on this one?  There is no way Blackberry overlooked that did they?

Please help, we have three people getting the same email, and can't have it deleted!!

Damon Balch

Please use plain text.
Contributor
titusm47
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: ATT

Re: How do I delete emails on "PHONE ONLY"???

You cannot.  I spoke with a technician and all that I was told is that they will look into it.  Same situation here...wihth my old BB 9800 torch you have the option, with the Z 10, NADA.

and is supposed to be the best BB ever.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
radioguy

Look into it?????

That is a pretty important function, if they can't fix that asap, I will return the phone.

It's a "business" function that is important.

Thanks for your response...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
titusm47

You are welcome.

Their bright boys are not really that bright ha?  No wonder they sunk and hope they will not sink deeper.

Have you checked how the contacts are filed/arranged?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Fresh_Squid
My Device: None
My Carrier: Rogers

I dont think there is a "fix" in the works for this. It is by design. BB10 doesnt use b.i.s. anymore.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
radioguy

Yea, I was really excited to get the phone, Ive been a Blackberry user and didn't go android. They are now going to loose the remaining people, because there isn't anything different. I stayed because of the contacts, emails, texts and business functions.

Too bad, it was a simple option to keep...
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
radioguy

Heading to Verizon store to return the phone today. That was ONE function I needed.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
titusm47

Will exchange mine first thing tommorow morning.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
tickerguy
My Device: Z-10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

[ Edited ]

IMAP by definition cannot do that.

If you need it then the solution is to set up an echo account that the phone only gets, and "tee" all incoming email there.  You then have a "local" phone-only account.

The reason this can't be done with server-sync'd email is coherency.  You can be signed into the same email account from any number of devices at the same time.  I am, at any given time, on the same email account from my PC on my desk, from my laptop, from my Playbook and my phone.  If I delete an email on one it is deleted on all.  If I move an email from one folder on one, it moves on all.  The change is picked up almost-instantly and reflects to all devices on the same account, no matter where they are or what client software they're using.  The local client is effectively a terminal into a coherent message base.

If you want a phone-only account where you can manipulate messages completely independent of anything else, without impacting how they appear (or if they appear) on any other device, then use the .forward capability (on a Unix host) or its analog (on others) to "tee" the email to a second login ID, then set that up on the phone.  Done correctly the return address remains the original account, and now you have a completely separate message store that you can manipulate independently BUT everything that comes to you goes to both.

Just realize that this means you get to delete a message twice, since it is in fact two copies and two separate message stores.

This is a good thing, not a bad one, as it now is a choice, albeit one that requires a bit of thought in terms of how you want your email to work on your phone.

Market Information? Come read The Market Ticker!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
titusm47

Good news guys!

I was on the phone with an ATT  cs rep and eventually transferred to a BB tech where I spent about 30 minutes on the phone.

We were ale to resolve the issue of not erasing/deleting the email on the PC when you delete the email on your BB Z10 cellphone.  We were able to do this on my Gmail, Yahoo and Optonline email accounts.  I will try to do this on my owrk email on Monday.

Meantime, you can call me at 973-272-6797 abd we can try to test this.

Thank you and good luck to all.  It will save me a trip to att tomorrow.

Please use plain text.