Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: How do I sync Outlook 2010 with my BB-Z10?

The Google and Yahoo sync is safe and secure. From what I've been told there's an agreement with Blackberry for this.

I am also dissapointed. I got the Z10's for my business because of all the other big pluses. This phone is still the most secure business phone in the market. Its component quality is also the highest. It is also the most advanced. I have a feeling with enough complaints Blackberry will fix the Outlook problem.
Jerry G.
New Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook, 9700

For me also - not being able to synch contacts, calendar and tasks with Outlook 2010 on the PC is a deal breaker. Due to my business security policy I cannot use "cloud" solutions such as outlook.com, gmail or yahoo. Bell Mobility has a 14 day or 30 min talk time return policy.  If this cannot be addresed before those deadlines - I will be forced to reluctantly return the Z10.

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Telus

i would love to know where and how to get an official statement saying no or sorry we will fix. or at least reasons why. And i would like this as fast as possible. so i can send these back.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

I'm also looking for that. Not syncing to Outlook makes no sense for a business type phone!
Jerry G.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

We can only hope they will.   I have contacted Deja Office to see if they intend to offer a solution for the z10 anytime soon. I already paid for the companion software to find out they where not ready.

I am so glad we got the Angry Birds Game app .  I see Rim had thier priorities straight..    I am very upset after waiting almost 2 years.  I have only ever had a blackberry.

The Outlook thing is a deal breaker.

The address book in the z10 is very basic and does not even appear to support the featires we are acustom to..

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2

I presume you guys are not on a BES server. I bought my Z10 today and used the "Active Sync" process as we have a hosted server and everything works just fine and is perfectly synced to Outlook.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

The Outlook.com work around is not a viable option for me. It is if you use it on a small scale.  I have a decade of information on my HD that I use and do not want to be tied to an online CLoud service taht will charge you for extras like space and time limitations. 

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

XBetadogX wrote:

i would love to know where and how to get an official statement saying no or sorry we will fix. or at least reasons why. And i would like this as fast as possible. so i can send these back.

I was told this by someone at BlackBerry. We were told wired sync is definitely not coming to BlackBerry Link.

I don't like it any more than anyone else, but what are the alternatives? Android doesn't do it. iTunes will but if I recall it is limited in its settings and doesn't always workkproperly. Again, I'm not trying to rationalize or justify the removal of that feature but it's gone and it's time to look forward for an alternative.

Honestly, if your business data is so confidential that you can't use a cloud service I'd recommend looking into your own Exchange server, or a hosted exchange service. That would give you ActiveSync and everything would sync perfectly without you having to do anything at all.

Again, I'm not siding with the decision to remove it. I'm just trying to look at alternatives.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I appreciate the alternatives help.  I have a tech background and am looking at alternatives.  It is just sad to say the BlackBerry did not reconize all it's strengths that kept many of us here through the hard times.  Yes Outlook works the MS Exchange.

All the solutions will cost the average user money and convenience.  Bb has a lightening fast OS and there are a couple things I can say are great ver the old OS.  In the end though, if it cannot do my productivity things that I need it is foolish to stay with them any longer while they play catch up.

Deja office / companion link is good on android and will be good on BB Z10 if it comes to be.  It is not great.   I suspect MS may even stop distributing MS Outllok in Office one day ( just speculatiing) to get os to use the online outlook.com.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

it makes me wonder if BlackBerry is working on their own cloud service that will do some of this. They've been looking for other service revenue since BIS is going away.

I don't have a long term answer. You have to do what's best for your business. I will agree with the other poster in that BlackBerry 10 is still more secure than iOS or Android and does everything those platforms do. I think if it were me I'd look at a hosted Exchange service (basically your own outsourced IT dept) or your own Exchange server. I know lots of very small businesses that have their own Exchange servers so the cost can't be that outrageous. Again everyone has different needs, though.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!