Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: How do I sync Outlook 2010 with my BB-Z10?

andrew21212 wrote:

I appreciate the alternatives help.  I have a tech background and am looking at alternatives.  It is just sad to say the BlackBerry did not reconize all it's strengths that kept many of us here through the hard times.  Yes Outlook works the MS Exchange.

All the solutions will cost the average user money and convenience.  Bb has a lightening fast OS and there are a couple things I can say are great ver the old OS.  In the end though, if it cannot do my productivity things that I need it is foolish to stay with them any longer while they play catch up.

Deja office / companion link is good on android and will be good on BB Z10 if it comes to be.  It is not great.   I suspect MS may even stop distributing MS Outllok in Office one day ( just speculatiing) to get os to use the online outlook.com.

I can understand not wanting to stay with them over this.  However, what do you gain by moving to another platform?  Even with all the removed features, the Z10 is much further advanced than either Android or iOS.  What alternative are you looking at that would prevent you from having to make so many changes to your operations? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
goliard
My Device: Z10

My hosted exchange costs £20 per user per month for a very small business. Sounds expensive, but REALLY worthwhile. We use Intermedia and they seem pretty good to be honest and support has been great (even setting up my Z10 with no fuss today).

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

With the hosted service you don't worry about upgrades to Exchange. It should be all taken care of and you always have the latest. I'm with a company that still have Exchange 2003 which, by the way, does not support the syncing of Notes to the Remember app. That requires Exch 2010.

For businesses, the Exchange or hosted Exchange is probably the best bet if you don't want your data syncing to outlook.com.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Trusted Contributor
andrew21212
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

Re: How do I sync Outlook 2010 with my BB-Z10? Deja Office update

For those that are not interested in using an Exchange server here is an update from Deja Office alternative:

Andrew-

We submitted our DejaOffice app to BlackBerry some time ago and are awaiting its release. Unfortunately, we did not receive an estimated release time. We suspect BlackBerry is bottle necked with all the new app releases, however we do expect it to be available soon.

Thank you,

CompanionLink Software, Inc.

Ticket Details

Ticket ID: MTF-822-66354

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Guru I
John_Clark

That's a good option, cheaper than the hosted Exchange. The nice thing about Exchange is that it all happens automatically.
Trusted Contributor
andrew21212
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

Yes,  I am going to miss that feature with the old desktop manager.     I have not phoned Telus yet to return my phone.  I am thiking of a temp work around until the Deja office is released.

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Contributor
silverclown
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Anyone know if it's possible to synce Outlook (specifically for me, the calendar) with a Google Apps (or gmail) account and then use that to sync with BB10?

Trusted Contributor
andrew21212

Yes,  you need to export your outlook DB  ( to File) .  Then you can use Google to import.    I believe Google help will give you the details. 

Guru I
John_Clark

Yes, it's possible. However, regular gmail will not sync contacts, only calendar. If you have a google apps it should sync both.

Oulook.com also works. You can set it all up using outlook.com, install the hotmail connector, and sync using that account. Then just turn off the email sync if you don't want to use that for email. If you do calendar invites with a friend you'll probably need to use that outlook.com email for that.
New Contributor
MobiusSamurai
My Device: Z10

Yes, just make sure that you follow this:
1. Click on the Add Account button.

2. Click on the Advanced button.

3. Select "Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync".

4. Enter a description.

5. Enter "m.google.com" in the Domain field.

6. Entered my full email address in the "Username" field.

7. Entered by full email address again in the "Email Address" field.

8. Entered my password in the "Password" field.

9. Entered "m.google.com" in the "Server Address" field.

10. Left the port set to the default (443).

11. Left "Use SSL" set to "On".

12. Left "User VPN" set to "Off".

13. Left "Push" set to "On".

14. Click on the "Next" button at the top.

15. Make sure email, calendar and contacts are set to "On".

It's in this support article http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB33472&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...