Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Visitor
maonso
My Device: Torch

Re: How do I sync Outlook 2010 with my BB-Z10?

I just want to die. Set-up an Outlook.com account, copied my contacts and calendar, then watched as over a 1000 meeting invites and meeting acceptances were re-sent for the last 2 years. Imagine what my inbox looks like now as everyone is asking me if I've been hacked or received a virus.

What a joke this whole process is.

One more attempt - if it fails, then back to the Torch so I can exchange for an Apple or Galaxy.

Mike

New Contributor
MobiusSamurai
My Device: Z10

Contributor
rc3tierlogic

This is a nightmare! I invested all my money on the z10 and it doesn't sync with Outlook? are they serious. How am i supposed to run my business. I made a terrible mistake investing in this device.

I have gone to Outlook.com but it is not syncing my Calendar properly. Also my music is all mixed into all playlists including my Podcasts.  Right now this device is just junk

Anyone have any updates on the above -syncing music and Calendar?

New Contributor
MobiusSamurai

Music not so much... sorry I don't tend to do it.

I sync my outlook calendar with google which syncs onto my blackberry.

This is one option for a workaround. If you need more info let me know.
Contributor
rc3tierlogic

I totaly agree here. this device has been a NIGHTMARE!. I have spent hours trying to figure out how to sync my music and calendar. Still getting sphagetti with my musinc mixing playlists and podcasts. My Calendar syncs some apt not other.

Taking my device back. Based on what i hear in twitter and facebook and these message boards. Blackberry is done.

Contributor
rc3tierlogic

Hi thanks for your post.

I am syncing with Outlook.com and still getting missing meeting. can you let me know the process of doing this with Google Calendar -it might work better

thanks

New Contributor
MobiusSamurai

Ok,

So, I'm assuming that you have a gmail account with this. If not just make one.

Download the Google Sync for Outlook (it sync your Google Calendar to your Outlook Calendar and vice versa). Or google Sync Gmail with Outlook and you'll get this link:

https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gappssync?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=northam--201...

To set the Google Calendar  up with your Z10 follow this support article (KB33472):

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?noCount=true&externalId=KB33472&sliceId=2&di...

So now for some warnings:

1. Set the google sync to your outlook for 5 to 15 minutes. I believe the default is a hour and it will drive you crazy if it doesn't sync just before you're to go home.

2. It can take a little while for the Google Calender and the BB10 Calendar to sync (30 minutes). I have found it to be faster (like 5 seconds) but there are times where it might be slow. It's a known issue and there is nada you can do about it.

If it doesn't work out let me know.

New Contributor
MobiusSamurai

The links got broken.

https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gappssync?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=northam--201...

Or google Google Outlook Sync (it'll come up)

Here is the text from the support article:

• Swipe down from the top bezel
  • Select Settings
  • Select Accounts
  • Select Add Account
  • Select Advanced at the bottom of the screen
  • Select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
  • Complete all desired and required fields - Server address: m.google.com and Port:443
  • Select Next
  • Select desired PIM items for Synchronization
Contributor
rc3tierlogic

thanks for the help here..

I see Select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync - i am not on an exchange server - is that a deal breaker?

New Contributor
MobiusSamurai

No... doesn't matter. It just treats your gmail account like one which actually makes things work better than if you try to do the IMAP/divCal/whatever stuff.

Jason