Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
garydhotchkiss
My Carrier: Rogers

How do I sync Outlook 2010 with my BB-Z10?

I have downloaded and installed Blackberry Link and successfully ran it. Everything I want has been transferred from my Torch, EXCEPT the calendar. I could get it from Outlook, but I don't see any way of syncing the BB10 with Outlook - which is something I DEFINITELY want to do. I use Outlook all the time.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
XBetadogX
My Carrier: Telus

Re: How do I sync Outlook 2010 with my BB-Z10?

welcome to the nightmare... it does not sync with outlook and this is a major problem.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
garydhotchkiss
My Carrier: Rogers

I see. That's very disappointing!

Will this be corrected soon?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Carrier: Bell

This and my email are very important for my work.. These got to be addressed ASAP..

Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark
My Carrier: AT&T

Unfortunately, we have been told that wired sync will not be coming to BlackBerry Link.

The best workaround we've found is to sign up for an Outlook.com email account. Then install the hotmail connector in Outlook to sync Outlook to that outlook.com account. You can then set up the Outlook.com account on the Z10 (without email sync if you don't want that for email) and calendar and contacts will sync.

I know it's not what you want to hear but it's the best workaround we've been able to find so far. Outlook.com is the best for syncing everything. You can use google if you pay for the Google Apps service. Outlook.com is free.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Carrier: BELL

I agree... This is a terrible issue that the Z10 cannot be synced with Outlook.  Something like 90% of all businesses, and I myself included are heavy users of the phone and Outlook. I am hoping Blackberry does something about this very soon!  I bet they will lose some sales because of this, and the Z10 is a terrific phone!

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
andrew21212

This is insane !!!!!!!!!!!!    I have been loyal to Blackberry since Day 1 and to have this happen.  I too am a small business owner that uses Outlook for everything. My business is centered around it. I am not interested in going to a web based Cloud like Outlook.,com etc becuase of privacy reasons and space limitations.  I have years worth of valuable information in my Outlook.

I have purchased the Companion Link and they do not support the z10 yet. $50.00 .  

On another note, I cannot believe the voice control feature.  The femail voice sounds so cold an robotic like out of the 70's .  You cannot even ask it to navigate for you.    

I have had my phone for 18 hours and spent all my awake time setting it up.   I am asking for a refund as soon as Telus opens this morning.

I have been let down.  I am a small Business owner and have always tried to support Candian COmpanies like Rim but I have found my line in the sand  :smileysad: 

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark

They have a reason for not supporting it any longer. I don't know the reason, only that it isn't coming back. JSanders on this forum runs a business and was able to setup the sync with Outlook.com. Ever thing I sync in as before but now constantly and wirelessly. It's actually not a bad workaround.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
NJZ10

Go to the Companion Link site and see what they have.

http://www.companionlink.com/products/bb10-outlook.html

Pending approval for BlackBerry World.  No cloud involved.

Androids don't have local sync of Outlook either. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
billthompson1000

this is probably a killer blow for blackberry who have shot themselves in the foot badly

I got my Z10 last week and after wasting 2 days solid tryiong to fix this issue and spent hours on the phone to blackberry realised that they havent done this and probably dont intend to do this as all us old fashioned people should change our luddite ways and go to the cloud.  However my company and many others will not allow that sort of insecure behaviour and dont want their intellectual propoerty of customer names etc being outside of our control.

I have sent my Z10 back and will now move away from the platform after many years of loyal blackberry use.

if you have shares in rim sell them quick as they are likely to go bust on this mistake

Please use plain text.