Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
darrylkraemer
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

How do you set the SD Card to be the default for BB Link when syncing Music from your iTunes library on Mac?

Hi -- I'm trying to move music from iTunes to my Z10 using BB Link on my Mac. When I choose Artist that I want to sync by right-clicking on the artist's name, and choosing sync to my Z10 the music is moved, but is put on the devices default internal storage, and not on the SD card I have installed.

I've looked through the manual, and all the settings but I don't see a way to set the SD card as default for all music. 

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: How do you set the SD Card to be the default for BB Link when syncing Music from your iTunes library on Mac?

Hi darrylkraemer,

Can you please try removing and reinserting both your media card and your battery and let me know if this helps? If that doesn't help, can you please check in Settings > Storage and Access to make sure you can see your Media Card details?

Please let me know the results.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
darrylkraemer
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: How do you set the SD Card to be the default for BB Link when syncing Music from your iTunes library on Mac?

Turns out the issue is with the iTunes Sync app using the device memory and not giving you the option to store to the SD card, and not BB link after some more troubleshooting on my end. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
tkennedy10
My Device: z 10
My Carrier: Bell

I am having a similar problem.  I am trying to get the pictures and videos to save to the sd card, but I can't seem to figure it out.  When in setting I can see the Media Card details, but it is empty.  Any ideas?  I did take out the card and the battery, but it did not solve the problem.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gtoth
My Device: Q 10
My Carrier: rogers

I had the same problem trying to sync photos using bb link on my mac.

had to upgrade to 9.0 or higher but too many bugs in the new i photo.

tried another route,turn enable mass storage on ,located in settings under storage and access.

ur pc now sees ur device as a external storage device.then just export or drag and drop.It worked for me,hope this helps

Please use plain text.