Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
hobnob
My Device: BB 9900
My Carrier: Bell

How does one *remove* a device (Z10) from BlackBerry World?

Is there any way to completely remove a listed device from Blackberry World?

Sold my Z10, but the thing keeps showing up in BlackBerry World even though in BlackBerry Link I tried to remove it, but the device keeps coming up as available....

There used to be an option in BB World to remove a device, now it's gone completely.

Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
vanawful
My Device: BB PlayBook, BB Z10 (replaces my Motorola BIONIC), Apple iPhone5; iPhone3S
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: How does one *remove* a device (Z10) from BlackBerry World?

How do you mean "...keeps showing up in BlackBerry World"?

You mean when you access BB World via a computer and web browser? If that is the case, simply look at the top of the screen. It will state "Displaying info for" then the device to the right. Just click on 'Change' and select the new device you wish to display info for.

As far as unregistering the device ID from your account, that should happen automatically when the new owner first turns it on.

However, did you do a security wipe before you sold it? Hope so, otherwise they can access your BB World. Good idea to change your password when selling a device.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QNX + Android = BB10 = The only platform that offers the freedom of choice.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
hobnob
My Device: BB 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: How does one *remove* a device (Z10) from BlackBerry World?

Late reply....

Yes indeed I did a security wipe before moving on. The device itself is still listed in my Blackberry World profile, so I suppose the person never registered with BBID or whatnot.

Another thing is I have a PlayBook listed as well - the device broke and I never bothered to send it in for repairs (post-warranty).

How does one completely remove devices associated with a BBID?? There should be a way to do this. This option existed once upon a time, but....

Please use plain text.