Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
OffroadGirl
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

How to Delete All Local Calendar Entries?

My calendar shows my email account entries and all is well.  However, I think when I transferred everything from my Bold 9900 it coped a bunch of entries into the local calendar (Home) that I do not want.  I would like to delete all of the entries in the local calendar.  How do I do this?  Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
radsystems
My Device: BlackBerry
My Carrier: Mobile

Re: How to Delete All Local Calendar Entries?

Unfortunately you can only delete individual events right now. The quickest way to delete events is from the 'Month' tab, then long press the events in the list and select 'Delete' from the side menu.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
OffroadGirl

Wow, thanks for the information, that's a drag.  I guess I'll make a monthly calendar reminder to delete all of my local calendar entries for the month!

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
elessar
My Device: Z30 | Z10 | Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Are you on OS 10.0 or have you upgraded to 10.1?  If you're on 10.1, getting rid of those entries is much easier.

If on 10.1, go to Settings > Account Settings > overflow menu (3 vertical dots).  There you'll see options to clear local calendar and local contacts.

New Contributor
OffroadGirl

I'm on AT&T and don't have that update yet, but that's fantastic news. Thanks for sharing this information!
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
elessar

No problem. That's what we're here for.
Contributor
Nap68
My Carrier: Optus

Hi elessar,

I may be on the wrong track but these dots you speak of and the tab that says "Clear Local Contacts" what does button actually do?

Does that clear the old email addresses in the history of the phone such as when you go to send an email and an old email pops up?

That is what I'm trying to clear and nobody has been able to help me with that info.

When I go to send an email it still shows up my old work email address and I dont want to send it to that address by mistake.

I have deleted my old email address, and any details or contacts associated with it but it still shows up on my Z10.

How can I clear the email history on my Z10?

I know how to do it on Outlook but this is doing my head in.

It's so dangerous having old email addresses in here.

I'm hoping this button does the job but dont want to press it until I know for sure.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

many thanks,

Nap68

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
elessar

Nap68 wrote:

Hi elessar,

I may be on the wrong track but these dots you speak of and the tab that says "Clear Local Contacts" what does button actually do?

Does that clear the old email addresses in the history of the phone such as when you go to send an email and an old email pops up?

That is what I'm trying to clear and nobody has been able to help me with that info.

When I go to send an email it still shows up my old work email address and I don't want to send it to that address by mistake.

I have deleted my old email address, and any details or contacts associated with it but it still shows up on my Z10.

How can I clear the email history on my Z10?

I know how to do it on Outlook but this is doing my head in.

It's so dangerous having old email addresses in here.

I'm hoping this button does the job but don't want to press it until I know for sure.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

many thanks,

Nap68

Unfortunately, the "Clear Contacts" will not do what you're looking for.  It simply deletes all email addresses stored in the Local Contacts list in one action -- ideal for those of us who sync contact lists from an email account (i.e.., Gmail).

What you're referring to, the list of suggested contacts that appears when you are composing a message, is a different situation.  I have tested this by removing every contact from my device -- Local Contacts, Gmail contacts, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn contacts.  When composing a message, I still had the suggested contacts pop up, some of them quite outdated.

These suggested contacts are drawn from every email message that is synced to your device, in addition to any contact list you have.  There is currently no way to avoid this, unless you're willing to delete the email messages with the offending addresses; move them to a folder in your email system that is not synced to your device; or set your sync period so that only recent messages (that likely don't have outdated email addresses) are present.

I had the same problem as you do, with my old email address from a previous job appearing.  In my email account, I created a new folder and moved all those messages (all were "pat on the back" or milestone messages) into that folder.  I then went to the "Edit Folder Settings" for that email account on my Z and set that folder not to sync to my device.  After a reboot, that email address no longer appeared in suggested contacts.

I know this isn't the response you you were hoping to see.  This isn't truly an issue.  I see the value in this for some, and understand why BlackBerry made it so. I know a number of users who love this -- they don't have to keep updated contact lists. Unfortunately, it's a PITA for some of us. 

A last note... I'm told it's been noted at BlackBerry, and we may see a method to toggle this behaviour off in an OS update.  (Fingers crossed.)

Hope this helps. ~elessar