Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Super Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

How to Reload OS on BlackBerry Z10 Device..

After searching high and low on how to reload the OS on my Z10. I found the answer.  They say you can do it through BlackBerry Link, but I find that only does a security wipe. They also say, this is the harder way of the two choices, hard? no, easy? yes. 

• Make sure you don't have any BlackBerry software running on your PC (BlackBerry Link and BlackBerry Desktop Software)
  • Detach all BlackBerry smartphones, including the BlackBerry 10 device that you are going to restore.
  • Using Internet Explorer navigate to www.BlackBerry.com/updates then scroll down the page and select the Check for Updates button.
  • Connect the BlackBerry 10 device you want to restore
  • Hold the power button for 10 seconds until the device turns off, then press the power button again so it turns on.
  • A prompt will appear and the BlackBerry smartphone will show in the drop down list on your PC shortly after the LED lights up (it could show up as USB: UNKNOWN or USB: BlackBerry (PIN) – both are normal/fine).
  • Click the OK Button as soon as it becomes enabled - you only have a few seconds to do this!
  • Once the above steps are completed successfully a dialog will be displayed stating Checking for BlackBerry Device Software updates
  • Your device power itself off after two minutes. Shortly after, the device LED should turn green.
  • Continue to wait after the LED turns green and you will be prompted to install BlackBerry Device Software. Follow the prompts to install the BlackBerry Software and finish the software installation

Just make sure, you click update before connecting your Device, then hold the power key, until it switches off and on.  You will know if its doing the right thing as the LED will turn Green until its finished updating. 

Craig Ashcroft Elite UK
If this post helps you please click the LIKE below the post(s)