Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
morgan74
My Device: Z10

Re: How to Save your Password for Voicemail - Bell

When I go to Settings-Voice Mail the button says "Set Password"  

I click on it...enter my password and then the button says "Change Password".

When I leave that screen and then go back to Settings-Voice Mail the button says "Set Password" again. So it appears as though it isn't saving it.

Morgan
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

Re: How to Save your Password for Voicemail - Bell - Temp Solution

After playing with this for about an hour , I found a temporary solution. I created a new Contact Called Voicemail2 in my contacts. Added my cell number , pause, password,# and saved it(ex: 14161111111p1234# ) Then I added this contact to favourits put a picture of a phone as an icon. Now all I do is select voicemail2 and it dials my number and enters the password for me. 

I tried copying the p1234# and insert it in the password for the voicemail, did nothing.. its almost like it doesn't recognize this. The reason is that when you change password, your only options are numeric numbers + A B C D E F. 

Enterprise SME
-BD-

That will have to be the workaround for now.  I was unable to reproduce this on my device using my Rogers SIM.  I was able to get ahold of a Bell SIM and was easily able to reproduce this.

Forums Advisor I
Arsen

I was on my administrative options on my bell voice mail. I went into my voice mail and under password you have the option to skip password. I turned it off and tried the voice mail button on the Z10 and it worked.. 

1. Call your voicemail.
  2. Select option 4
  3. Select option 2
  4. Select option 1
  5. Select option 2 to skip password.
  6. End call.
  7. For some reason I had to reboot the X10 for it to work. Something to do with bell network.

New Contributor
Stell

Arsen, would that mean the voice mail is not password protected at all? (anyone can access it)

Forums Advisor I
Arsen

Stell,

No your voice mail is fully protected by password, if you call from any other phone. The setting only applies to your cell phone calling your voicemail. Not sure how it works, but has something to do with your sim card and connecting to the bell network. As a test I called my cell phone from my land line and doesn't give you access to the messages.

Contributor
talisman69

I have done this succesfully.

Select 'Phone' swipe down select 'settings' select 'voice mail' click 'change password' enter your password. Thats it it works.  Call voice mail the BB10 allows a short pause then send your password.

Forums Advisor I
Arsen

talisman69 ,

I tried this option many times with my phone, but with bell voicemail it doesn't seem to work. With bell it needs the pause, then your password, then #. In the password area on my Z10 I don't have an option to enter #. I even cut an pasted password and # from my email and tried it, it didn't work with bell voicemail.
Enterprise SME
-BD-

Arsen wrote:
talisman69 ,

I tried this option many times with my phone, but with bell voicemail it doesn't seem to work. With bell it needs the pause, then your password, then #. In the password area on my Z10 I don't have an option to enter #. I even cut an pasted password and # from my email and tried it, it didn't work with bell voicemail.

Every voicemail system needs the pause.  That's done automatically when entering the password with the voicemail settings.  The issue here is that it is not actually saving when you enter it.  If you atttempt to enter your Bell voicemail password and save it, if you go back in after you will be prompted to enter it again rather than change it.

Contributor
nicothegreek
My Device: BB Z10

Thanks works great.