Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
nicothegreek
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Re: How to Save your Password for Voicemail - Bell

Thanks works great.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pitoune011
My Device: BB z10
My Carrier: Bell

got the same issue. I've tried what's suggested on this post but it didn't work for me :smileysad: anyone else got ideas ?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

Call your voicemail on your bell mobile number. Go into administrative options and turn off password..

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor
-BD-
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

pitoune011 wrote:

got the same issue. I've tried what's suggested on this post but it didn't work for me :smileysad: anyone else got ideas ?

I'm just curious if you go into your Phone->Settings->Voice Mail what is listed under Access Number?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen

Dial your voicemail (your Mobile number) from your cell phone. selection option 4, then 2, then 1, and select turn off password 2.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pitoune011

done. but still can't access VoiceMail without putting in the password. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pitoune011

I can see "access number" but can't put anything into the field.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen

Once you access your voicemail addministrative password on your bell network. You must first dial it, enter the password, then turn off the bell password feature. If having problems, call bell mobility support and they will guide you through how to turn off your Bell password.  For a temporary solution, you can create a new contact and call it voicemail2, add it as a speed dial. In the contact, you can enter, P(pause), then #, then your password.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BrettHill
My Device: BB Z 10

[ Edited ]

I am having the same problem  (BB  Z10 OS v10.0.10.85). The Voice mail password is not being saved.

If I go into Phone -> Settings -> Voicemail it shows me a button "Set Password". I click on that and add my password and click OK.

The button now shows as "Change password" - so far so good, so I close out of settings and click the Voicemail button at the top of my phone screen and after the vm prompt to enter my password nothing happens and the vm prompts me again "are you there?".

If I go back into Phone -> Settings -> Voicemail the button once again shows as "set password" so it obviously recognizes that it did not actually save it the previous time.

------------

Update - Since I have a Bell SIM, I have tried the solution suggested above (logon to VM and turn the skip password setting to on). This works perfectly (after restarting my phone I can open VM without having to enter a password) and the password is still required if I am accessing my VM from any other device or landline other than my mobile phone (Z10).

So it looks like Bell has decided to bypass the VM password saving features of smartphones by building it into their VM system instead.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
jhanks64
My Device: Using VZW Q10, new Z30, Two Z10's, Playbook, came from 9930 before
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless, AT&T

Verizon won't let use turn off the password prompt and BB10 won't save it either.  Very frustrating!

John Hanks
Please use plain text.