Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
MaungLmm
My Device: Mexico 6 & Z10

How to complete set up my z10?

I have to send my z10 to foreign countries to set up completely as it can't be set up in my country, Myanmar. This is 3rd time. It makes me trouble many times. Let me explain this problem as below:

(1) Choose Language . (It is ok) I choose English.

(2) Then 'Connected to mobile network" , "Your device is preparing to establish an Internet connection. In the meantime, you can connect to a Wi-Fi network on the next screen." , always show this msg and never continue although I have been waiting for long time.

(3) I connected to Wifi network accordingly. Then I have to choose the country on warranty agreement in which Myanmar is not included.  "Can not continue and please check your setting" is appeared whenever I choose a country from this list.

I can't understand why Blackberry makes handheld with many restriction. They don't want to sell devices to Some contries such as Myanmar? I am a BB enthusiatics. I can't use it at all now. I could use it for only phone call and wifi from Feb 2013 to Aug 2013 as it didn't work for mobile data services. Recently I could update it at Bangkok and then made actions as per advice from forum. After that I could get mobile data last week.

TOday, I updated it and then have to face regular problem, can't set it up. It becomes useless again. Why didn't BB announce that this handheld is not for Myanmar? Useful advice would be highly appreciated not to send it Singapore. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,952
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How to complete set up my z10?

When you go through the setup, why don't you choose a different country?

I don't know why Myanmar is not listed, there must be some legal restriction we don't know.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
MaungLmm

I choose different country many times. But it didn't work and same.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
MaungLmm

Where is the helpful advise? Is it blackberry's responsibility ? Do I have to hold this useless phone ? pls advise.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

I see now in your posting history in this forum you've asked this same question in a couple of threads and another couple of threads at CrackBerry as well. I am sorry, but it appears that no one knows the answer.

This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the message upon registration. Since we are users just like you, there's really nothing more I know if we can do.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
MaungLmm

THanks. So how can I ask to Blackberry to solve this problem? Please advise. I can't understand why BB couldn't make devices to be convenient for users while other phones are working well and user friendly...

Please use plain text.
JSanders

You can get paid support, check this link;

http://us.blackberry.com/support/programs/technical/incident.html#tab-1

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.