Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
bcboy
My Device: BLACKBERRY-9201 , BLACKBERRY Z10
My Carrier: TELUS

How to delete emails on BB Z 10 and not on Hotmail account?

So I have been trying to figure out how to delete emails on my BBZ10 so if I let someone use my phone they will not be  able to snoop at my emails. When I delete them from my BBZ10 they are deleted from the server too. Is there a way to delete them on the phone only? Or is there a way to just password protect just the email account? That would be neat, password protect just one or two applications instead of the whole phone. Password protect Facebook only, Twitter only or an email account only.

Thanks for your help.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
taylor-tomt
My Device: Z10, Playbook

Re: How to delete emails on BB Z 10 and not on Hotmail account?

deleted emails are also deleted from the server (no more BIS).

I don't believe that you can password protect email access. The password gets stored at account setup. If you change the account password, I believe that the Z10 will ask you for the new password. I don't know if you will have the option not to save it though.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

bcboy wrote:

So I have been trying to figure out how to delete emails on my BBZ10 so if I let someone use my phone they will not be  able to snoop at my emails. When I delete them from my BBZ10 they are deleted from the server too. Is there a way to delete them on the phone only? Or is there a way to just password protect just the email account? That would be neat, password protect just one or two applications instead of the whole phone. Password protect Facebook only, Twitter only or an email account only.

Thanks for your help.

The current workaround is to file those emails in a folder (once they are read) and make sure that "show filed messages" is turned off in the hub settings.

There is a thread about it here.

This will keep the messages on the server for use on another machine, and have them not displayed on the Z10.

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bcboy
My Device: BLACKBERRY-9201 , BLACKBERRY Z10
My Carrier: TELUS

taylor-tomt wrote:

deleted emails are also deleted from the server (no more BIS).

I don't believe that you can password protect email access. The password gets stored at account setup. If you change the account password, I believe that the Z10 will ask you for the new password. I don't know if you will have the option not to save it though.

Why would they remove the BIS option? I likes that option. Who else like that option, did you?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
danielsydney
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Optus Australia

I think this option was fantastic. Not a great leap forward on this one.

Please use plain text.