Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Dannel
My Device: BlackBerry OS 10

How to enjoy MKV videos on Blackberry Z10?

I had downloaded some funny mkv videos and want to play them with my Blackberry Z10. When I import my .mkv videos, it seems Blackberry can't accept mkv format. My friends suggest me try to use macx video converter pro to convert mkv to mp4 or avi to play on Blackberry. When using the software,  I found I could also adjust the video and audio settings to get more better video quality, like frame rate, bit rate, aspect ratio, resolution, audio codec, sample rate, etc. but I’m totally confused about these parameters since I do not know which audio and video parameters fit Blackberry best. Help!!!

Retired
SmoothRider
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: How to enjoy MKV videos on Blackberry Z10?

Hello Dannel

Welcome to the forums. 

MKV files are supported on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone. I suspect that the encoding on the files you are trying to view are not supported. Have a look at the below link to see all the details regarding the supported media formats and encoding. 

BlackBerry 10 media support

Let us know if you have any additional questions. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

amit02390
My Device: z10

Re: How to enjoy MKV videos on Blackberry Z10?

I have downloaded hd videos in my z10.but they are not showing in video folder but showing in file manager and could not be played there.but videos can be played by going in dowloaded contents in the browser.what is this issue