Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
bobo616
My Device: z10
My Carrier: three

Re: How to let Blackberry offically know about a bug in BB10?

Not sure how some people have the encryption option despite being on the same version but hopefully when a new update comes out this will address this.

I think the custom tones issue is a misunderstanding and it should say email tone but I havent had anybody confirm they get different alerts if they receive an email.

I still havent had anybody confirm word substitution works in an sms message though.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Word substitution doesn't work. It should be fixed in the next update.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bobo616

Thanks, have you had confirmation it will be fixed in the next update?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

-BD- wrote:

John_Clark wrote:
I can confirm the word substitution doesn't work in SMS mode even with the option turned on.

I was unable to reproduce this issue until I went back to 10.0.9.2372.

This post in this very thread from -BD- implies that it has been fixed in a later update that hasn't been released.  It's apparent to me it's been fixed.  We just don't have the fix yet.   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bobo616

Thanks I assumed the same from that post but I wasnt sure if you had it confirmed via other sources. I wonder how long we will have to wait for this update?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

-BD- Is a BlackBerry Technical Adviser (BlackBerry employee.)  What other source would I need?  He obviously has a newer version of the OS and didn't have the problem til he reverted back to the version we have.  That was all I needed to hear.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

John_Clark wrote:

That was all I needed to hear.

Worked for me!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bobo616

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Battery77
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

When using large substitutions in emails the phone locks up.  I have a standard email I send back to sales leads, that now locks up the email and keyboard forcing me to restart it. I can use gestures but the keyboard is unresponsive. 

Please use plain text.