Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
VENOM7000
My Device: Z10 Black
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

How to manually link Facebook profiles with people in my Contacts?

I have switched from 9900 Bold to z10 but I can't find the "link this contact to FB" option anywhere.

I know that z10 will eventually link all Contacts with FB, but from what I have read "NOT ALL OF THEM" because some of them don't match the names on FB with how I created them in Contacts. :No:

Is there a "manually" way of linking Facebook profiles with appropriate Contact entry?   :Batman:

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: How to manually link Facebook profiles with people in my Contacts?

If you Go into your Contacts(icon), swipe from top down, settings, turn on show account in contact list and make sure facebook is on.  Once you do that, it will add your facebook contacts in the contacts list.

Bring up the facebook contact now with search in contacts, open contact and there is an option to link. then select the contact you want to link to. Hope this helps.

IMG_00000030.png

IMG_00000031.png

Please use plain text.
Contributor
VENOM7000

Yes, i suppose that could work.

Still they should put more easier way of doing that. Because I leave "show acc in contact list- facebook" off because there are too many people that I really don't need in my phonebook.

Strange how there is no separate "filter view" to see only sim card contact (not fb + sim contact together). That is why I leave the fb contact view off
Please use plain text.
Contributor
VENOM7000

on the off-topic...

Do you find that volume buttons some times being accidentally pressed in your pocket to the point where the ringtone becomes silent?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Make a new post for the separate issue please.
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.