Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
unrinoceronte
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Re: How to mute Dial Pad keys when making a phone call

As of June, is there a way to mute this and only this (dial pad key strokes)? As the previous comment, the option provided silences ALL the notifications and that is not convenient.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
keithbergoff
My Device: Z10, 9800
My Carrier: Vodacom

unrinoceronte wrote:
As of June, is there a way to mute this and only this (dial pad key strokes)? As the previous comment, the option provided silences ALL the notifications and that is not convenient.

No change, dialpad volume is constant. one option - Main Volume - Always Adjust Media Volume = Off, - open dialpad - press volume down until one dot shows on volume bar - press once more and phone will go into vibrate mode - dial number - press volume up while phone is ringing.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
unrinoceronte
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Thanks a lot Keith, that is a good alternative for now. I just tried it and works. By any chance do you know if this is an issue that Blackberry Developers are attending for a future OS update?
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
keithbergoff
My Device: Z10, 9800
My Carrier: Vodacom

No idea. :No:

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
radsystems
My Device: BlackBerry
My Carrier: Mobile

unrinoceronte wrote:
Thanks a lot Keith, that is a good alternative for now. I just tried it and works. By any chance do you know if this is an issue that Blackberry Developers are attending for a future OS update?

Hi. I've previously started developing an app that would address this issue (amongst others) but it is currently on hold due to time constraints with developing and updating my other apps. I will let you know when it becomes available.

Please use plain text.