Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

tonibug
My Device: Z10

How to open z10 bbb files on my pc

I am trying to open my z10 back up files on my laptop with no success. I have tried the bb backup converter but that can't work with 10 files. 

Is there any program or work around that can open these files?

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: How to open z10 bbb files on my pc

Unfortunately, you cannot open the .bbb files with a pc. It used to be that you could change the .bbb to .zip and see what was contained but I don't think that works anymore either. Even when that worked you couldn't see the contents of the individual files.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
tonibug
My Device: Z10

Thanks for your response. This is very frustrating and makes no sense to me. Why would a back file only be available back to your device and not any other location. What's the point ? Do you know if the BB developers are working on this.

Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

tonibug wrote:

Thanks for your response. This is very frustrating and makes no sense to me. Why would a back file only be available back to your device and not any other location. What's the point ? Do you know if the BB developers are working on this.

Security, if any one could open the backup files, then it would be easy to get access to your personnal and business information that is stored on the device

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

It's never been something that BB has supported. Security is BB's number one focus and a backup can only be restored to a device using the same BBID as the backup was made under.

I highly doubt it is something that they are going to do.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
babewk1
My Device: z10

I backed up my original z10 on my PC....the phone needed to be replaced and I was sent a new z10. how can I access that original backup in order to move some items over to my new phone...such as pictures...??

Guru I
John_Clark

Use Link to restore the Media portion of the backup to the new device.