Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10

How to restore Firmware on Z10

Hello

i have massive problems with my Z10:

-> Freezing Keyboard or hanging Apps (rarely)

Most problem is Telephone module:

If i try to call some thru BT on my car, and receiver is not responding/or call cannot connect to another phone, the Z10 phone app is completely in hanging mode like:

Call will be end -> but nothing appears

Cannot make a call further -> app let me not type a phone number

So iam not sure if this is a Hardware problem or more software.

Z10 is up2date

But i tried now several time to restore firmware.

I was making security wipe.

Can some help me with a step by step instructions?

This is not working:

blackberry.com/updates

-> phone will not found and there is no option to restore.

-> bb link have ot rescue mode or firmware repair

I tried all combinations:

Start bb link without connected phone

-> connect phone in powered off mode

-> bb link did not found / start a update/repair mode

Some help?

Thanks

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

Re: How to restore Firmware on Z10

As like with the other BB phones I've had, I downloaded the OS in to my PC and installed it for active transfer. Then I ran the Desktop Manaager. In the Manager, I was able to re-load the complete OS.

The security wipe is only wiping your information. This is not an OS re-load.

I have not done this yet with the Z10 using the new Link software. I would think the process is very much the same...

Jerry G.
Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2243; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

While officially, you shouldn't do this (according to the KB,) I can confirm this method will reload the OS to the Z10. I did it on mine last night. If you don't have a backup you will lose your data. Since there is no control over what databases are restored I didn't do a restore. I just started over.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33480
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Hello 

as i said:

This KB is not working:

I followed up instructions but Software is telling after a short search:

There is no update found.

So iam absolutely not able to reload firmware.

I must do this urgently.

And desktop software is not longer compatible to BB10

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2243; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

It will work. Make sure you're following the instructions exactly. The device may appear to boot normally but it will shut off again and reload.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Worked straight off the bat, which is unusual with BB....
My Device: blackberry z10

thanks for the help. tried above but eventually got 'INCOMPATIBLE RADIO IMAGE LOADED ON DEVICE' . initially my phone got blackscreen happened cos removed battery whilst security wiping. its uk version z10. would be glad if anybody could help where to download uk firmware.

New Contributor
My Device: 8900

Solution - How to restore Firmware on Z10 from "Imcompatible Radio Image Loaded on Device

[ Edited ]

Im not an expert on BB.

I did something stupid then ended up with "Incompatible Radio Image Loaded on Device", which would loop from power off to this message every minute.  I tried the http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33480 but it did not completely work.

The problem I had was that the phone was in a loop between power off and this message and therefore the update site would not have enough time to detect the PIN.  So here is what I did and it worked for me;

- When the screen asked to select the phone, I pulled my battery and plugged the phone in.

- I pressed and HELD the power button for the rest of the entire process

- The screen say an "UNKNWO USB"

- I selected it and the entire process completed successfully

*** don't know if hold down the power key was the trick, but it worked for me.  It took about 10-15 minutes.

**bleep** I'm happy.  I thought I had bricked it.  Hope this works for you.