If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

sakhshi
My Device: BB 9900
My Carrier: Glo

How to send all contacts

I purchased a new blackberry (Z10) and want to transfer all my contacts from blackberry 9900 to Z10. Please suggest the best way to do it

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
emanella8
My Device: BBZ10
My Carrier: QTEL

Re: How to send all contacts

:Eek: truth is i only use one way is by integrating my contacts to one of my emails . ( i use gmail ) 

so when i switch to a new mobile , it automatically retrives all my contacts after i sign-in my

email . There is an old method i used to do is by transfering the contacts on my desktop (pc)

using bb desktop software and then transfer them again to the new phone. i haven't tried it

since a long time though.

Haven't helped you much , sorry :Ninja:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
RecceDG
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: How to send all contacts

I went from a 9700 to a Z10 and I haven't been able to do it.

The Good:

- All contacts from Facebook were pulled in automatically

- All contacts from BBM were pulled in automatically

- All contacts from Twitter were pulled in automatically

- All contacts from LinkedIn were pulled in automatically

- Most of these contacts where there was overlap (Facebook contact and LinkedIn contact; same guy) were identified and harmonized. Those that were not were easily identified and linking the two contacts together is easy and painless

The Bad

- No phonebook contacts were transferred:

- Tried BB Link's migration process. That reported success but the contacts don't show up.

- Tried BB Link's "restore" process, selecting the old phone's backup and just the phonebook. Also reported success but no contacts transferred.

- Tried pairing old and new phone via Bluetooth and sending all contacts. Old phone packages up and sends all contacts, Z10 reads phonebook, only pulls in first contact.

I have a 4 hour train ride ahead of me tonight and I will be spending it manually recreating a bunch of contacts....

Please use plain text.