Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: BB 9900
My Carrier: Glo

How to send all contacts

I purchased a new blackberry (Z10) and want to transfer all my contacts from blackberry 9900 to Z10. Please suggest the best way to do it

New Contributor
My Device: BBZ10
My Carrier: QTEL

Re: How to send all contacts

truth is i only use one way is by integrating my contacts to one of my emails . ( i use gmail ) 

so when i switch to a new mobile , it automatically retrives all my contacts after i sign-in my

email . There is an old method i used to do is by transfering the contacts on my desktop (pc)

using bb desktop software and then transfer them again to the new phone. i haven't tried it

since a long time though.

Haven't helped you much , sorry 

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: How to send all contacts

I went from a 9700 to a Z10 and I haven't been able to do it.

The Good:

- All contacts from Facebook were pulled in automatically

- All contacts from BBM were pulled in automatically

- All contacts from Twitter were pulled in automatically

- All contacts from LinkedIn were pulled in automatically

- Most of these contacts where there was overlap (Facebook contact and LinkedIn contact; same guy) were identified and harmonized. Those that were not were easily identified and linking the two contacts together is easy and painless

The Bad

- No phonebook contacts were transferred:

- Tried BB Link's migration process. That reported success but the contacts don't show up.

- Tried BB Link's "restore" process, selecting the old phone's backup and just the phonebook. Also reported success but no contacts transferred.

- Tried pairing old and new phone via Bluetooth and sending all contacts. Old phone packages up and sends all contacts, Z10 reads phonebook, only pulls in first contact.

I have a 4 hour train ride ahead of me tonight and I will be spending it manually recreating a bunch of contacts....